Chris Rock Helps Pregnant Woman in Labor at Mall
By Christine Fenno Posted Dec 11th 2010 10:27AM
Chris Rock was inside the Neiman Marcus department store at the Garden State Plaza, according to Us, just as a very pregnant woman approaching an escalator a few feet away from him suddenly went into labor when her water broke.
Saving the day until medical help arrived, Rock relied on his wits (or his famous wit, in this case) to calm the mother-to-be and the concerned bystanders.
"He was making the crowd, and the woman in labor, laugh," the witness said of the 45-year-old comic and father of two. "She recognized who he was immediately, and he stayed there until the paramedics took her away."
Rock -- who is raising daughters Lola, 8, and Zahra, 6, with wife Malaak Compton-Rock -- was spotted earlier this month with Jerry Seinfeld at a Children's Defense Fund benefit in New York City.
But don't think he's all doting daddy, all the time. Ever the risk-taker, Rock is slated to make his Broadway debut in 'Motherf**ker with the Hat,' co-starring Bobby Cannavale and Annabella Sciorra. The play will open in April 2011.
Isla Fisher, who is currently pregnant with her second child, takes her daughter Olive for a treat at Milk on Beverly Boulevard.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robin Wiliams' wife, children due back in court
- Candace Cameron Bure celebrates 'New Beginnings' with new 'View' co hosts
- Lindsay Lohan reportedly claims she was drugged at friend's wedding
- Austrian Actor Peter Kern, the Last of the 'Auteur Dinosaurs,' Dies at 66
- Christopher Nolan to Headline London Film Festival Talks
- Roman Polanski: Polish Court Sets Extradition Hearing Date
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- The 16 Best Kids TV Shows on Netflix
- 'Galaxy Quest' TV Series Coming to Amazon
- All 31 MTV 'VMA' Video of the Year Winners, Ranked From Worst to Best