Chris Rock Helps Pregnant Woman in Labor at Mall
By Christine Fenno Posted Dec 11th 2010 10:27AM
Chris Rock was inside the Neiman Marcus department store at the Garden State Plaza, according to Us, just as a very pregnant woman approaching an escalator a few feet away from him suddenly went into labor when her water broke.
Saving the day until medical help arrived, Rock relied on his wits (or his famous wit, in this case) to calm the mother-to-be and the concerned bystanders.
"He was making the crowd, and the woman in labor, laugh," the witness said of the 45-year-old comic and father of two. "She recognized who he was immediately, and he stayed there until the paramedics took her away."
Rock -- who is raising daughters Lola, 8, and Zahra, 6, with wife Malaak Compton-Rock -- was spotted earlier this month with Jerry Seinfeld at a Children's Defense Fund benefit in New York City.
But don't think he's all doting daddy, all the time. Ever the risk-taker, Rock is slated to make his Broadway debut in 'Motherf**ker with the Hat,' co-starring Bobby Cannavale and Annabella Sciorra. The play will open in April 2011.
Isla Fisher, who is currently pregnant with her second child, takes her daughter Olive for a treat at Milk on Beverly Boulevard.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- TV Ratings: 'Constantine' Makes a Solid Debut, World Series Continues
- Malco Theatres Exec on Adam Sandler's Netflix Deal: "Guess He Wants to Be a TV Star"
- Hollywood Reporter, NBC's Jennifer Salke Honored at Big Brothers Big Sisters Gala
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming