Nicole's Last-Minute Decision to Ban Ex-BFF Paris From Her Wedding
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 13th 2010 11:27AM
Friends of newlywed Nicole Richie tell me the reality star-turned-author agonized for months over whether or not to invite once-BFF Paris Hilton to her wedding to Joel Madden on Saturday, but at the last minute decided it would be best for everyone if the hotel heiress didn't attend.
"Nicole is in a very different place in her life from when she was hanging out with Paris. She's the mother of two and now a wife while Paris seems to be in exactly the same spot she was in five years ago. Still partying in Vegas and getting into trouble with the law," a friend of Nicole's tells me.
Vegas indeed, as that's exactly where Paris was holding court on Saturday, celebrating the birthday of her new bestie, someone who goes by Dejdia or CamRaFace on Twitter. "Vegas!!! Happy Birthday @camraface!!!" she tweeted on Saturday, along with several photos.
Sources say the final decision to leave Paris off the guest list was made after she was arrested for cocaine possession in Las Vegas (where else!) at the end of August. That's when Nicole knew she didn't want the heiress around her family, friends or children for this special occasion.
"The day was about Nicole and Joel, not Paris," an insider tells me. "It was perfect. No drama, and definitely no drugs. It was 130 close family and friends enjoying each other's company and celebrating the love between the newlyweds. To think how far Nicole has come from being a wild child to a loving wife and parent is fantastic."
Really, who would want to look back to their past when their future looks so bright. Congrats, Nicole and Joel!
Nicole and Joel Snapshots
FILE - In this Dec. 15, 2008 file photo, Joel Madden, left, and his wife Nicole Richie arrive at the opening of the D&G flagship boutique in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello, File)
Nicole Richie and Joel Madden
MORE ABOUT Paris Hilton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Paris Hilton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Brian Williams Reports on Daughter Allison Williams' Casting as Peter Pan: Watch the Video
- Sharknado 2: Ian Ziering, Jason Priestley, Other Stars React With Hilarious Tweets
- Guardians of the Galaxy Review: Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Is "Strictly B-List"
- ‘Child Of God’ premiere at Tribeca Grand Hotel
- Homeless Man Accused Of Stalking, Harassing GMA's Robin Roberts, Vowed He'd ‘Punch Her In The Face’
- Best Comic Con Style: Nina Dobrev and Emma Roberts
- Kelly Rowland talks pregnancy: ?It's a boy!'
- Stars who lost their mojo
- Miranda Lambert working on comedy script: Is acting next?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Already Has Her Emmy Dress Picked Out, Minnie Driver Reveals Her Own Hair Plans For the Big Night
- The Real Housewives of Melbourne Invade Bravo—Meet Your New Aussie Faves!
- Aw! Brian Williams Announces Daughter Allison Williams' Casting as Peter Pan in NBC's Live Musical—Watch Now!