Emma Stone and Garrett Hedlund Are W's January Cover Stars
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 14th 2010 05:00PM
Golden Globe nominee Emma Stone and 'TRON: Legacy' star Garrett Hedlund strike their sultriest poses on the cover of W Magazine's January issue.
The two actors, who each grace their own solo cover, head up W's "Who's Hot" list, which recognizes the talents of the two young actors, as well as a number of remarkable designers and musicians who have made headlines this year.
Stone, who stars as Peter Parker's love interest Gwen Stacy in the upcoming Spider-Man movie, tells the magazine she's glad her looks aren't her only attribute appreciated by Hollywood. "I would lose my mind if I felt like I had to be something like 'the pretty girl,' " she says.
Check out more quotes from W's January issue after the jump!
Stone, who was nominated for a Best Actress Golden Globe for her starring turn in 'Easy A' says of her performance, says sex scenes are difficult. "Simulation of sex is a real workout. We must have done a hundred takes. There was an oxygen take at one point. It took two days. Simulated sex is really fun, but it's not easy."
Hedlund, who can be seen in 'Country Strong' opposite Gwyneth Paltrow and Leighton Meester, tells the magazine that there was once a time when his acting talents went unappreciated by casting directors.
"I remember the reaction to my first audition," he says. "I think the phrase was 'You sucked pond water.'"
Despite the initially negative responses he received, Hedlund says that he's now equipped to appreciate the curveballs life throws him. "A great amount of good is always evened out by a great amount of bad. I find it's best to acknowledge that weird balance."
Check out who else made W's Hot List!
MORE ABOUT Emma Stone
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Emma Stone Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hello Kitty not a cat, expert says
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Jimmy Kimmel Reunites 'Friends' Co-Stars to Read Awkward Fan Fiction
- Netflix Orders First French Original Series
- Shonda Rhimes Books 'Mindy Project' Cameo
- Marvel will reissue all those Dark Horse ?Star Wars' comics that didn't really happen
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?
- H. Jon Benjamin makes a crazy Kenny Loggins Kickstarter even crazier
- 'Saw' Will Be Back in Theaters to Terrorize You This Halloween
- Meet Chibatman, the Caped Crusader Riding Around Japan (VIDEO)
- YA Movie Parents Who Don't Suck