Michael Lohan to Billy Ray: Divorce Messes Kids Up, Just Ask Me
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 14th 2010 08:40AM
After video of teen sensation Miley Cyrus smoking salvia from a bong surfaced last week, her father, Billy Ray, took to Twitter, saying, "I had no idea. Just saw this stuff for the first time myself. I'm so sad. There is much beyond my control right now." Now, Michael Lohan, the father of another teen star who went down the wrong path, is warning Billy Ray that he must take control of the situation as well as make sure his divorce from Miley's mom, Tish, stays civil.
"Divorce does mess up kids," Lindsay's dad told me after he saw the Miley video. "But divorce can work if both parents try to get along and don't use their children as pawns. Ask any professional about that, especially [Michael's ex] Dina! She knows all about using kids as pawns and dragging them into her dirt."
Just a few days ago, Dina told TMZ that after seeing pictures of Michael getting Botox and partying in LA she thinks he needs to stop spending money on himself and start spending it on his children. She even said she filed paperwork with the Child Support Collection Unit to get her ex to pay child support.
"I promised Lindsay that I wouldn't talk about our personal life or Dina, so I won't" -- uh oh, see second paragraph -- "But what I will do, is set the record straight on her claims," Michael tells me.
"For any parent to lie to the press about things like this only shows how bitter and self-absorbed that person really is! This is not about lies, money or jealousy. It's about our children. I feel sorry for Dina. I really want to get along. I only pray that after all Lindsay's hard work, this nonsense will stop so that she has a real chance! And while I am very proud and hopeful of Lindsay, quite honestly, I worry for her, if this behavior doesn't stop. Good brings good and bad brings bad!"
Did Miley's Reputation Take a Hit? Reactions From a Bone-Chilling Times Square:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- LeAnn Rimes Reveals Eddie Cibrian's Children Asked About Their Affair
- Is Casey Anthony Working As a Live-In Maid?
- Official Cause of Peaches Geldof Death Revealed
- Naya Rivera Secretly Married Ryan Dorsey on Her Original Wedding Date to Big Sean; Kim Kardashian Shares Sexy Bikini Picture: Top 5 Wednesday Stories
- Ian Somerhalder Tweets Girlfriend Nikki Reed While Ex Nina Dobrev Posts Cryptic Quotes on Instagram
- Chris Pratt French Braids a Random Girl's Hair During Interview