How Attack on Prince Charles Will Change Royal Wedding Plans
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 14th 2010 02:01PM
From the moment the royal wedding was announced last month, Prince William has made it clear he wants this to be the "people's wedding" and has taken deliberate steps to ensure all Britons feel welcome to share in his and Kate Middleton's special day. For starters, he made sure the wedding fell on a Friday (April 29) so that all his countrymen can have a three-day weekend. However, after the ugly attack on his father, Prince Charles, during last week's student protests in London, changes will have to be made.
"William is devastated that the Palace is insisting on major changes," a royal insider tells me. "At this point there will still be open top carriages taking members of the family from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey. But now the gathering crowd will be kept so far away from the action that they won't be able to much of anything."
I'm told William is putting up a good fight to keep the wedding as open as possible but that most likely, "he's not going to win this battle."
Prince Charles and wife Camilla's car was attacked in London by a mob of angry students protesting sharp hikes in University fees. Since the shocking episode, a formal investigation into the safety of the family has been launched which sources say will alter the way the family can interact with the public.
"Security experts are suggesting that bullet proof cars replace the current fleet of Royal vehicles and carriages," an insider tells me. "Also, the famous Royal Walkabout, where members of the family interact with the public, is a thing of the past. Now it's just much too dangerous."
The Royals have long resisted advice on security measures that would further remove them from the public, but in this dangerous world that we all live in, it's hard to argue that the young Prince is going to have to take a step back.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amber Heard Victim of Nude Photo Leak With More Than 50 Pics: Report
- Friends Turns 20: The One Where We Remember the Best Rachel Green Hairstyles as Worn by Jennifer Aniston
- Bow Wow, Erica Mena of Love and Hip Hop New York, Engaged After Six Months: See Her Ring
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Mark Wahlberg Leaves New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Hanging for a High-Five
- One Direction's Liam Payne Says Nude Pics Are Fake: "I'm 100% Not Gay" and "100% Not Homophobic"
- 10 Years After Lost Premiered, Damon Lindelof Reveals Why He "Broke Down Sobbing" and Opens Up About Show's Legacy