What's Next for John Edwards?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 14th 2010 07:13PM
Following Elizabeth Edwards' funeral over the weekend, her estranged husband, John Edwards, is quietly devising a plan on how to prudently return to public life.
"John is a political animal, there can be no doubt about that," a former friend of the politician tells me. "He knows that he self-destructed [with the cheating scandal] but believes that with the right plan, and the power of time, he'll be able to win back the hearts of the public."
Sources tell me that John's plan is to lay low for the next several months. He was last seen leaving his late wife's funeral on Dec. 11 with his two young children, Emma Claire, 12 and Jack, 10, who are both now living with their father. Over the next year John will focus on being a full-time dad raising them both without a mother.
However, don't expect John to disappear from public view for long.
"John is very ambitious and that's something you just can't turn off. If he can prove that he is a loving father and is willing to spend his time, money and fame helping out great causes, than that could help clean up his tarnished image," an insider tells me.
What kind of causes? "Expect him to work hard for disadvantaged children who have lost a parent or volunteer for a cancer charity," my source reveals. "He wants to do something good."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- 'American Sniper' continues box office dominance
- Farrah Abraham Steps Out With New Boyfriend Simon Saran in Las Vegas After Lip Injection Scare: Pictures!
- Nikki Reed Talks Fiance Ian Somerhalder: "He's the Most Amazing Man That's Ever Walked the Planet"
- Full House Cast Reunites For Creator Jeff Franklin's Birthday: See Bob Saget, Lori Loughlin, John Stamos, More, Plus the Cast Sings the Theme Song!