Bill and Giuliana Rancic Too Busy to Replace Oprah
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 15th 2010 09:00AM
My friends Bill and Giuliana Rancic are laughing off reports this week that they are plotting a move to Chicago to succeed the retiring Oprah Winfrey with their own Windy City-based talk show. According to Page Six sources, the show is in development.
"Bottom line, there is only one Oprah! Anyone who would try to emulate or replace the Queen of Daytime would be a fool," Giuliana tells me. "Bill and I have no plans to do a talk show in the near future. It is certainly a goal of ours one day, but we are just too busy at the moment."
Busy indeed. Between her daily gig anchoring 'E! News,' co-hosting 'Fashion Police' and, of course, their reality show 'Giuliana & Bill,' Giuliana says her dance card is full. Then there's busy Bill, who aside from his hectic schedule on the public speaking circuit, is launching 'Airplane Repo' on Discover.
"A talk show is not in the works at this time," she tells me.
A rep for Bill told Page Six that producers approached them to do a talk show but that there are "no plans" at this time.
And as if that wasn't enough, the couple are now focusing their efforts on just being together as much as possible, which will bring them to NYC to host the NIVEA Kiss event on New Year's Eve.
"We will be reuniting two long distance couples to kiss on the platform at midnight," Giuliana tells me. You can nominate yourself or friends for the NIVEA Kiss the One You Love contest on NIVEA's Facebook page."
"We need to start practicing our kiss since it's going to be seen by millions," Giuliana laughed. "Bill told me not to make it too wet and sexy and to keep it clean. I agreed, but I may have to surprise him at midnight and pull him in for a passionate embrace and just go for it."
We'll be watching!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry Stages Car Crash, Is Unrecognizable As Clown, Old Lady In "Birthday" Teaser
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Learn to DJ in Adelaide, Australia: See Her Pretty Pink Outfit!
- Justin Bieber Apologizes After Visiting Controversial Japanese Yasukuni Shrine
- Shia LaBeouf’s Money-Grubbing Uncle Owes Him Another $200K — I Want My Money!
- ?Flattered' Laura Prepon Denies ?Unbelievable' Rumors She's Dating Fellow Scientologist Tom Cruise
- 'Bachelorette' contestant in critical condition after parachute accident, report says
- 7 worst Nickelodeon scandals
- Stars' sneaky skin-showing tricks
- Grey's Anatomy Sneak Peek: Cristina Faces Her Most Difficult Decision Ever—Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber "Extremely Sorry" for Visiting Shrine Honoring Japanese War Criminals
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets Naked and Has Sex With a Clown in Hilarious GQ Photo Shoot—See the Pic!