Bill and Giuliana Rancic Too Busy to Replace Oprah
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 15th 2010 09:00AM
My friends Bill and Giuliana Rancic are laughing off reports this week that they are plotting a move to Chicago to succeed the retiring Oprah Winfrey with their own Windy City-based talk show. According to Page Six sources, the show is in development.
"Bottom line, there is only one Oprah! Anyone who would try to emulate or replace the Queen of Daytime would be a fool," Giuliana tells me. "Bill and I have no plans to do a talk show in the near future. It is certainly a goal of ours one day, but we are just too busy at the moment."
Busy indeed. Between her daily gig anchoring 'E! News,' co-hosting 'Fashion Police' and, of course, their reality show 'Giuliana & Bill,' Giuliana says her dance card is full. Then there's busy Bill, who aside from his hectic schedule on the public speaking circuit, is launching 'Airplane Repo' on Discover.
"A talk show is not in the works at this time," she tells me.
A rep for Bill told Page Six that producers approached them to do a talk show but that there are "no plans" at this time.
And as if that wasn't enough, the couple are now focusing their efforts on just being together as much as possible, which will bring them to NYC to host the NIVEA Kiss event on New Year's Eve.
"We will be reuniting two long distance couples to kiss on the platform at midnight," Giuliana tells me. You can nominate yourself or friends for the NIVEA Kiss the One You Love contest on NIVEA's Facebook page."
"We need to start practicing our kiss since it's going to be seen by millions," Giuliana laughed. "Bill told me not to make it too wet and sexy and to keep it clean. I agreed, but I may have to surprise him at midnight and pull him in for a passionate embrace and just go for it."
We'll be watching!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lindsay Lohan Takes Topless Selfie, Covers Breasts With Long Hair
- Taylor Swift Stops Traffic on Hollywood Boulevard, Performs Late-Night Gig
- Pippa Middleton Shares Her Diet and Workout Secrets, Reveals How She Got Her Famous Backside in Shape
- Ebola In NYC! Doctor Tests Positive For Virus After Treating Patients In Guinea
- Lucky Break! Former ?RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub Gets $700K In Liens Cancelled In Bankruptcy Case
- Mean Girl! Kim Kardashian Snubs Chris Brown’s ‘Lowbrow’ Girlfriend Karrueche Tran
- 'Honey Boo Boo's' Mama June: I'm not dating child sex offender
- CBS cuts 'CSI' season short
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Taylor Swift Shuts Down Hollywood Boulevard for Jimmy Kimmel Live! Concert, Explains 1989 Album Lyrics
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced