Flo Rida Encourages Kids to 'Dream Big' Year Round
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Dec 15th 2010 12:33PM
It may be hard to believe, but the man who made "apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur" part of our cultural lexicon is far more concerned with philanthropy than he is with what women wear to the club. The rapper's foundation, Big Dreams for Kids, works to provide support for kids in need, offering everything from toys to turkeys to the less fortunate during the holiday season.
"Growing up as a little kid in the projects, I had different celebrities come out, and talk to the kids, and I was one of them, and it just was instilled in me that if you dream big, it's not where you're from, it's how you represent," he told PopEater.
PopEater caught up with Flo Rida to talk about what he listens to before he hits the club, working with Lady Gaga and how he'll be ringing in the new year. Watch the interview after the jump!
Stars Give Back
Hilary Duff mans the phones during the 6th Annual BGC Charity Day at BGC Partners in New York City.
Bobby Bank, WireImage
Bobby Bank, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'
- James Earl Jones to return to Broadway this fall in ?You Can't Take It With You'
- Man dressed as Spider-Man is running for political office in India
- ?The Twilight Saga: Eclipse': Bad Lip Reading version ? VIDEO
- Extra Scoop: Lindsay Lohan Dodges Sobriety Questions, Gives Pole Dancing Lesson
- Cute or Ew? 'Orange Is the New Black' Sneak Peek Reveals Piper's New Pastime in Solitary
- Clare Crawley Has a Message for ?Bachelor' Juan Pablo
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Takes a Pilates Class, New Mom Olivia Wilde Tweets About Baby Peeing In Face: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Jodie Foster Flashes Wedding Ring After Secretly Tying the Knot With Girlfriend Alexandra Hedison: Picture
- Tori Spelling Reflects On Cheating on Ex-Husband In New True Tori Clip