Flo Rida Encourages Kids to 'Dream Big' Year Round
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Dec 15th 2010 12:33PM
It may be hard to believe, but the man who made "apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur" part of our cultural lexicon is far more concerned with philanthropy than he is with what women wear to the club. The rapper's foundation, Big Dreams for Kids, works to provide support for kids in need, offering everything from toys to turkeys to the less fortunate during the holiday season.
"Growing up as a little kid in the projects, I had different celebrities come out, and talk to the kids, and I was one of them, and it just was instilled in me that if you dream big, it's not where you're from, it's how you represent," he told PopEater.
PopEater caught up with Flo Rida to talk about what he listens to before he hits the club, working with Lady Gaga and how he'll be ringing in the new year. Watch the interview after the jump!
Stars Give Back
Hilary Duff mans the phones during the 6th Annual BGC Charity Day at BGC Partners in New York City.
Bobby Bank, WireImage
Bobby Bank, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Golden Globe nominations revealed!
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' review: Emma Thompson, Tom Hanks perfect in year's best film
- EXCLUSIVE: Oscar De La Hoya released from rehab
- Susan Sarandon was high during all those award shows; Well, except the Oscars ? VIDEO
- TV Recap: ?Modern Family,' ?Nashville,' ?American Horror Story: Coven' ? VIDEO
- ?Let It Snow!': You choose the best version, in our Twelve Days of Christmas Classics ? POLL
- Golden Globe Nominations 2014: '12 Years,' ?American Hustle' Top the List
- Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs Call It Quits
- YouTube Rewind! The Top Videos of 2013
- American Hustle Review: Jennifer Lawrence Steals the Show Alongside Hollywood's Heavy Hitters
- Lindsay Ellingson Engaged to Sean Clayton: See the Victoria's Secret Model's Engagement Ring!
- Lea Michele Remembers Cory Monteith on The Ellen DeGeneres Show: "He Was the Greatest Man"