Kate Gosselin's Kids Allegedly Expelled For Assault
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 15th 2010 11:21AM
As if vying for parental attention in a family of eight kids wasn't hard enough, two of Jon and Kate Gosselin's children have been expelled from school, and sources say it's for more than just bad grades.
Mom Kate previously asserted that Alexis and Collin, two of her 6-year-old sextuplets, were not expelled, but are being tutored at home because of their school's inability to meet their needs.
However, RadarOnline reports that not only were the children expelled, Alexis and Collin were physically violent toward both their classmates and a teacher at their private school.
Kate Plus Cameras
Kate gives that Gosselin glare at photographer outside Ted Gibson Hair Salon in New York City on Dec. 8. Check out more pics of the reality mom >>
Gosselin admitted that the two children were struggling more than the rest of her brood but made no mention of the alleged assaults, telling PEOPLE, "[Collin] was upset and saying things out of frustration -- he'd crumple his papers and throw them on the floor ... Alexis was angry in a different way. She didn't want to sit still. She'd get up and want to run around."
Although the 'Dancing With the Stars' alum described a stable home life in her PEOPLE interview, Radar's source says that the problems are more significant than Gosselin is willing to let on. "I've kept the stability, the income -- everything that they know and love," said Gosselin. "I am doing what my kids need me to do."
Radar's source described a rockier path to recovery: "Both Alexis and Colin received three full weeks of intensive special treatment to focus their behavior." Despite these efforts, "The demand on the children's classroom teachers -- and the impact on other kids -- was just too great."
While Gosselin and the source may have opposing interpretations of the events, one thing is certain. "Kate needs to get on the same page as Jon: he doesn't want them to have those pressures during their childhood, because they both need to live with the decision that they decided to do the show in the first instance."
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Courteney Cox Talks First Friends Episode, Was "Bummed" Rachel's Hair Stole Her Thunder
- Zelda Williams Returns to Twitter to Thank Fans for Letters, Retweets Awesome Robin Williams Photo
- The Blacklist Season 2 Premiere Recap: Red's Back, And So Is Is Wife
- Tim McGraw's Alleged Slapping Victim Jesslyn Taylor Opens Up For The First Time About Violent Hit To The Head: ?It Was Hard!’
- Bad Romance? Lady Gaga Claims She Signed First Record Deal With Ex-Boyfriend Rob Fusari Because He Threatened Her, Shocking Court Docs Reveal
- Hypocrite? Shooting Victim & Gun Control Advocate Gabrielle Gifford's Secret Arsenal Exposed In New Tell-All
- Tim McGraw: My wild night with Kid Rock
- R&B star Chris Brown: It's time for me to grow up
- 'The Big Bang Theory' season premiere recap: Sheldon returns
- Unreleased Britney Spears Demos Leak on the Internet: Listen to the Songs That Didn't Make It to Britney Jean
- Kanye West Makes Surprise Appearance at LA Trade Technical College to Inspire Students—Take a Look!
- Gotham Premiere: Meet the Future Villains from the New Fox Drama