Kate Gosselin's Kids Allegedly Expelled For Assault
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 15th 2010 11:21AM
As if vying for parental attention in a family of eight kids wasn't hard enough, two of Jon and Kate Gosselin's children have been expelled from school, and sources say it's for more than just bad grades.
Mom Kate previously asserted that Alexis and Collin, two of her 6-year-old sextuplets, were not expelled, but are being tutored at home because of their school's inability to meet their needs.
However, RadarOnline reports that not only were the children expelled, Alexis and Collin were physically violent toward both their classmates and a teacher at their private school.
Kate Plus Cameras
Kate gives that Gosselin glare at photographer outside Ted Gibson Hair Salon in New York City on Dec. 8. Check out more pics of the reality mom >>
Gosselin admitted that the two children were struggling more than the rest of her brood but made no mention of the alleged assaults, telling PEOPLE, "[Collin] was upset and saying things out of frustration -- he'd crumple his papers and throw them on the floor ... Alexis was angry in a different way. She didn't want to sit still. She'd get up and want to run around."
Although the 'Dancing With the Stars' alum described a stable home life in her PEOPLE interview, Radar's source says that the problems are more significant than Gosselin is willing to let on. "I've kept the stability, the income -- everything that they know and love," said Gosselin. "I am doing what my kids need me to do."
Radar's source described a rockier path to recovery: "Both Alexis and Colin received three full weeks of intensive special treatment to focus their behavior." Despite these efforts, "The demand on the children's classroom teachers -- and the impact on other kids -- was just too great."
While Gosselin and the source may have opposing interpretations of the events, one thing is certain. "Kate needs to get on the same page as Jon: he doesn't want them to have those pressures during their childhood, because they both need to live with the decision that they decided to do the show in the first instance."
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelor Juan Pablo Picks Nikki Ferrell: Former Bachelor Stars, Celebrities React With Shock, Disgust
- Tom Bergeron Leaving America's Funniest Home Videos After 13 Years as Host, Hints at Possible Spinoff
- Kim Kardashian Shows Major Cleavage, Wears Makeup at SoulCycle: See the Pictures
- Bad Boy Bachelor! Juan Pablo Rants Rudely To Host Chris Harrison, Refuses To Tell Nikki He Loves Her
- Lucky Break! Tori Spelling Settles $60M Lawsuit Over Claims She Stole The Idea For Her TV Show
- Justin Bieber gets May 5 trial date for DUI and other Florida charges
- Bratty Justin Bieber heading for career ruin?
- Source: Celebrity skin guru murder-for-hire arrest 'fishy'
- Can Rollins Recover? On Set of Law & Order: SVU With Kelli Giddish, Donal Logue and Ice-T
- Juan Pablo Galavis, the Worst Bachelor Ever? How He Ranks in the Franchise's Worst Endings
- Devil's Knot Trailer: Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth at Center of Movie About the West Memphis Three