Kate Gosselin's Kids Allegedly Expelled For Assault
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 15th 2010 11:21AM
As if vying for parental attention in a family of eight kids wasn't hard enough, two of Jon and Kate Gosselin's children have been expelled from school, and sources say it's for more than just bad grades.
Mom Kate previously asserted that Alexis and Collin, two of her 6-year-old sextuplets, were not expelled, but are being tutored at home because of their school's inability to meet their needs.
However, RadarOnline reports that not only were the children expelled, Alexis and Collin were physically violent toward both their classmates and a teacher at their private school.
Kate Plus Cameras
Kate gives that Gosselin glare at photographer outside Ted Gibson Hair Salon in New York City on Dec. 8. Check out more pics of the reality mom >>
Gosselin admitted that the two children were struggling more than the rest of her brood but made no mention of the alleged assaults, telling PEOPLE, "[Collin] was upset and saying things out of frustration -- he'd crumple his papers and throw them on the floor ... Alexis was angry in a different way. She didn't want to sit still. She'd get up and want to run around."
Although the 'Dancing With the Stars' alum described a stable home life in her PEOPLE interview, Radar's source says that the problems are more significant than Gosselin is willing to let on. "I've kept the stability, the income -- everything that they know and love," said Gosselin. "I am doing what my kids need me to do."
Radar's source described a rockier path to recovery: "Both Alexis and Colin received three full weeks of intensive special treatment to focus their behavior." Despite these efforts, "The demand on the children's classroom teachers -- and the impact on other kids -- was just too great."
While Gosselin and the source may have opposing interpretations of the events, one thing is certain. "Kate needs to get on the same page as Jon: he doesn't want them to have those pressures during their childhood, because they both need to live with the decision that they decided to do the show in the first instance."
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pippa Middleton Shares Her Diet and Workout Secrets, Reveals How She Got Her Famous Backside in Shape
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
- Taylor Swift Says She "Wouldn't Survive in Jail," Is Terrified of Sea Urchins -- Watch
- Ebola In NYC! Doctor Tests Positive For Virus After Treating Patients In Guinea
- Lucky Break! Former ?RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub Gets $700K In Liens Cancelled In Bankruptcy Case
- Mean Girl! Kim Kardashian Snubs Chris Brown’s ‘Lowbrow’ Girlfriend Karrueche Tran
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation