Kate Gosselin's Kids Allegedly Expelled For Assault
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 15th 2010 11:21AM
As if vying for parental attention in a family of eight kids wasn't hard enough, two of Jon and Kate Gosselin's children have been expelled from school, and sources say it's for more than just bad grades.
Mom Kate previously asserted that Alexis and Collin, two of her 6-year-old sextuplets, were not expelled, but are being tutored at home because of their school's inability to meet their needs.
However, RadarOnline reports that not only were the children expelled, Alexis and Collin were physically violent toward both their classmates and a teacher at their private school.
Kate Plus Cameras
Kate gives that Gosselin glare at photographer outside Ted Gibson Hair Salon in New York City on Dec. 8. Check out more pics of the reality mom >>
Gosselin admitted that the two children were struggling more than the rest of her brood but made no mention of the alleged assaults, telling PEOPLE, "[Collin] was upset and saying things out of frustration -- he'd crumple his papers and throw them on the floor ... Alexis was angry in a different way. She didn't want to sit still. She'd get up and want to run around."
Although the 'Dancing With the Stars' alum described a stable home life in her PEOPLE interview, Radar's source says that the problems are more significant than Gosselin is willing to let on. "I've kept the stability, the income -- everything that they know and love," said Gosselin. "I am doing what my kids need me to do."
Radar's source described a rockier path to recovery: "Both Alexis and Colin received three full weeks of intensive special treatment to focus their behavior." Despite these efforts, "The demand on the children's classroom teachers -- and the impact on other kids -- was just too great."
While Gosselin and the source may have opposing interpretations of the events, one thing is certain. "Kate needs to get on the same page as Jon: he doesn't want them to have those pressures during their childhood, because they both need to live with the decision that they decided to do the show in the first instance."
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Audrina Patridge, Corey Bohan Split After Five Years Together: Former Hills Star, BMX Pro Break Up
- Bachelorette Guy Cry: See Andi Dorfman's Men at Their Most Emotional
- Martha Stewart Explains Her Friendship with Blake Lively, Says The Actress is "Very Shy in Person"
- Parental Injustice? Jenny McCarthy's Son Has Called The Cops On Her MULTIPLE Times ? Find Out Why!
- All Grown Up! Cole Sprouse Who Played Ben In ?Friends' Is Now 21 ? Proceed To Feel Insanely Old
- Don't Speak! Kendra Wilkinson Still Not Wearing Wedding Ring, Avoids Questions Amidst Family-Ordered Silence
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- Crazy characters at Comic Con 2014
- I Waited in a Line for 3 Hours at Comic-Con Just to Buy a Sweatshirt
- Elizabeth Banks Thinks She's "Genetically Blessed," Says Working Moms Can Balance Life Better Than Working Dads
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino Agrees to 12 Weeks of Anger Management in Tanning Salon Assault Case