Groupie Recounts Her Wild Escapades With Jimmy Page, Keith Moon and Noel Redding
By Amber James Posted Dec 15th 2010 01:00PM
Groupies put the sex in sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. And now they're telling all for VH1's latest Rock Doc, 'Let's Spend the Night Together: Confessions of Rock's Greatest Groupies.' Narrated by 'I'm With the Band' author Pamela Des Barres, she travels around the country to interview infamous groupies, including Cynthia Plaster Caster, to dish about their flings with rock's biggest gods.
Des Barres' famous hookups include Mick Jagger, Jimmy Page, Keith Moon and Noel Redding -- just to name a few. Now, she's ready to set the record straight about the women who loved and inspired the great rock stars of our time and talk about her sexual exploits and wild escapades.
In the documentary, you talk about the night Jimmy Page left you for another groupie.
We were actually broken up at the time, and he was seeing another groupie. We'd taken back up again on the sly, and I thought that would be another night we would spend together. But it was an embarrassing moment because he told me to wait outside and left me standing alone as Led Zeppelin drove off in their limos. It hurt, but I forgive him.
Wow. Did any other musicians ever forget about you like that?
There was one time when Noel Redding [the bassist for The Jimi Hendrix Experience] left me sitting in a room by myself. But that was because he was so darn stoned. He didn't remember what was going on.
What's the craziest night you remember?
That's a tough one because there are so many. Keith Moon always comes to mind because he was the wildest of them all. He drove a Rolls Royce into a Michigan hotel swimming pool. But one other night comes to mind. He had been kicked out of every hotel in Los Angeles, so he had to pretend to be a count to get checked into the Century City Hotel. He made me stand on the balcony, as he tip-toed over to this huge fountain with a box of Tide. He sneaked back to the room, and we watched the mania ensure. It was like an 'I Love Lucy' episode times 1,000 with all these bubbles shooting up into the air and stopping traffic. He loved to wreak havoc everywhere he went.
It's simply not true. It's odd that Keith would even bring it up because it's not true. You can trust me on that.
What's it like going down in history as one of the world's most famous groupies?
It's a mixed bag. A lot of people think it's wonderful, but there are some who will never understand ... People are just so uptight about sex. Groupies aren't ashamed of expressing their sexuality, but the word "groupie" has gotten a bad reputation over the years. A groupie is just a music-loving girl or guy. It's all about love. Groupies love the music, the people who make it and the energy that pours out of that amazing live experience. But to live that lifestyle took a lot of heart and a lot of guts.
'Let's Spend the Night Together' premieres Wednesday, Dec. 15 at 8:30PM on VH1.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendrick Lamar Releases "i" Single, First Since Celebrated Good Kid, M.A.A.D City Album
- Beyonce Poses Nude While Pregnant Alongside Jay Z in Home Videos For On the Run Tour: Watch Now!
- Sandra Bullock Goes Blonde: See Her new Hair for George Clooney-Produced Film
- Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- 'DWTS' recap: Michael Waltrip gets a flat; Sadie Robertson does ... country jazz?
- Juliette Lewis insists Tom Cruise is victim of anti-Scientology conspiracy
- Ryan Hansen Perfectly Teases Play It Again, Dick's Next Episode: "Jason Dohring Shirtless, Chris Lowell Pantsless"
- Miss America Kira Kazantsev Responds to Sorority Hazing Allegations, Reveals Real Reason for her "Termination"
- Bethany Mota's Message for Taylor Swift, Lea Thompson's Wardrobe Malfunction and More DWTS Scoop