Will NYC 'Housewives' Be as Good Without Bethenny?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 16th 2010 02:37PM
As the cast of the 'Real Housewives of New York City' busies themselves with shooting the next season of the reality hit, Bravo insiders wonder if the show will still be ratings gold without its breakout star, Bethenny Frankel.
"Bethenny is the biggest star the franchise has ever produced," a Bravo insider tells me. "She not only connected with the most fans, but she also allowed the audience to laugh at how ridiculous the other ladies are. Without Bethenny making fun of the cast, the show just won't be as much fun."
For Bravo, a main concern is who will play foil to rival Kelly Bensimon and her oft-erratic (but always entertaining) behavior on a Bethenny-less 'Housewives.'
"Without Bethenny on the show, Kelly's strange behavior is no longer funny, it's just annoying," my source concedes.
Insiders tell me that after Bravo caught a glimpse of how the new season is going, they have asked Bethenny to return for more than the six appearances she is contractually obligated to make. But she wants to phase that part of her life out.
"Bethenny is done with that show," a friend of the new mom and wife (to Jason Hoppy) tells me. "She is focused on her own show, writing her books and being the best mom and wife she can be. Every time she thinks about going back into that toxic environment it makes her feel physically sick."
I'm told Bethenny loves Bravo and is very appreciative at how the network changed her life (and made her rich), and that she will probably agree to make more guest appearances on 'Housewives.'
"But in her heart she wishes she could just move on," a friend tells me. "To tell the truth, she doesn't even want to watch the new season let alone be forced to be part of it."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce, Jay Z Going Vegan for 22 Days: "Call It a Spiritual and Physical Cleanse"
- Chelsea Handler Cuts Off Long Hair Into Shoulder-Length Hairstyle
- Jaime King Shares First Picture of Baby James Knight's Sweet Face, Names Jessica Alba and Topher Grace Godparents
- Autopsy Results Due, Rock Pays Homage: 5 New Developments In Paul Walker’s Death
- TV Chef Nigella Lawson Admits Cocaine Use, Testifies How Ex-Husband Charles Saatchi Threatened To ?Destroy' Her
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Eyeing Palace Of Versailles As Wedding Location
- New documentary ?Tricked' illuminates disturbing human trafficking culture in the US
- Lindsay Lohan dating Liam Neeson's 18-year-old son, report says
- Nigella Lawson claims ex-husband threatened to destroy her
- House of Cards Season 2 Premiere Date Revealed! Plus, Netflix Releases First Smokin' Hot Promo—Watch
- Leona Lewis Laughs Off Headline That Says She "Likes to Get Drunk and Trash Hotel Rooms"
- Justin Bieber Given Ultimatum by Australian Mayor to "Clean Up" His Graffiti