Broadway's 'Spider-Man' Opening Pushed Back Again
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 16th 2010 04:10PM
The production has been plagued with problems over the past few months, with everything from concussions to technical glitches sidelining the show.
Now, the Julie Taymor-directed musical's opening has been pushed back from its original Jan. 11 date to some time in February, the New York Times reports.
Creators are currently making changes to the final number and rewriting dialogue, while the show's composers, Bono and the Edge of U2 fame, continue to work full-time on the music.
The show's first preview on Nov. 28 was the first indication of the problems to come.
During the performance, the show had to be stopped five times to fix technical problems, including a failed stunt where actor Reeve Carney, who plays the title character, got stuck a few feet above the audience's heads while attempting to showcase his Spidey skills.
The $65 million dollar spectacle has already been pushed back four times since early 2010, when previews of the show were originally scheduled to start.
While Taymor, who won two Tonys for her work on 'The Lion King,' has been consulting with playwright Glen Berger on how to revise the script, everyone is eagerly awaiting the arrival of Bono and the Edge, who have yet to see the show.
The show's spokesman, Rick Miramontez, would not comment about the show's delayed date.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- MSNBC apologizes for guest's inflammatory comment on country music
- Cate Blanchett loses patience with reporter
- Hope Solo: Dealing with a lot of my issues
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Cousin Jerod Speaks Out After Arrest, Wants World to "Uplift Auntie Whitney's Greatest Love of All"
- Liam Payne Releases Emotional Statement Following Zayn Malik's Exit: "We Are All Deeply Saddened"
- Karrueche Tran Faces Hard Truths in First Interview Since Chris Brown Split: Watch