Donna D'Errico Hospitalized for Serious Staph Infection
By Christo Varghese Posted Dec 16th 2010 06:19AM
TMZ sources report that D'Errico has been infected with MRSA -- methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus -- which is very tough to treat as it is highly resistant to commonly-used antibiotics.
D'Errico was thought to have contracted the MRSA from a relative, who has been hospitalized in an intensive care unit and is expected to remain there for several more days.
The actress posted a status update on her Facebook page, saying, "Prayer request -- this time for me -- a serious medical issue has arisen. Thank you for any and all prayers."
WebMD mentions that though MRSA infections aren't generally serious, some can be life-threatening. Many public health experts are alarmed by the spread of tough strains of MRSA. Because it's hard to treat, MRSA is sometimes called a "super bug."
D'Errico is best known for her role as Donna Marco on 'Baywatch.' She was Playboy Playmate of the Month for September 1995, and was previously married to Motley Crue founder and bassist Nikki Sixx, whom she divorced in 2007.
Reports hit yesterday that Sixx was recently seen with Denise Richards.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Courtesy of Ashley Benson, Try These Two Ridiculously Easy (and Gorgeous) Summer Hairstyles
- Entourage's 10 Best Celebrity Cameos, From Kanye West to Martin Scorsese
- J.K. Rowling Uncovers Shocking Ancestral Connections to Her Single Mother Struggles on Who Do You Think You Are?: Watch the Sneak Peek!
- Alabama to release first new country album in 14 years
- Judge: Sale of convent to Katy Perry likely invalid
- Relativity Media files for bankruptcy protection