Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Expecting Twins!
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Dec 16th 2010 10:24AM
President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle seemed to be on our side when they snagged some scoop from parents-to-be Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon. When Mariah was performing at the 'Christmas in Washington' TNT special, she ran into the first couple, who asked if she was having twins, PEOPLE reports.
While some might take offense to a question that insinuates a doubly-growing belly, Mariah couldn't play coy with the first couple and admitted she was indeed having twins and called the surprise a "double treat."
Cannon took to his radio show, 'Rollin' With Nick Cannon,' this morning to tell the story about Mariah's presidential run-in and to confirm that they are expecting double the trouble. "At this point she hadn't told anybody because doctors advised us to keep it to ourselves until we get further along," he said. "And because of the excitement, because of the emotion, she was overwhelmed [and] she shared with the President and First Lady that we are having twins."
The couple's precautions in letting the public in on their pregnancy news stems from Mariah's 2008 miscarriage, which left the couple devastated but still eager to build a family. The twins are due in the spring of 2011.
Mariah Carey Snapshots
Singer Mariah Carey performs during the Annual Christmas in Washington presentation at the National Building Museum in Washington, Sunday, Dec. 12, 2010. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)
MORE ABOUT Mariah Carey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mariah Carey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Fans: Maroon 5's 'Animals' music video violent and 'disturbing'
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Firsts & Worsts: Annaleigh Ashford on ?Sex,' superstition, and Cyndi Lauper
- Minus some missteps, ?Shadow of Mordor' is one of the year's best games
- Sneak Peek! All of the Relationship Drama Returns in Season 2 of 'True Tori'
- Sophia Bush Takes a Stand Against ?Online Stalker'
- 'Twilight' Short Films Announced! Oscar Winners Sign On to Help