Rosie Wises Up: Now Thinks Boss Oprah Is Not Gay
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 16th 2010 08:35AM
One year removed from telling Howard Stern that she believed Oprah Winfrey may be gay and in a relationship with her best pal, outspoken comedienne Rosie O'Donnell has changed her tune, leaving some to wonder if having O as her boss on the OWN channel wised her up.
"Calling your future boss a liar would not be a good thing," a friend of Rosie's tells me. "It is one thing to say Oprah is a lesbian when she's not signing your paycheck and another now that she will."
During an interview with Barbara Walters that aired last week, a tearful Oprah insisted that if she was actually in a sexual relationship with best friend Gayle King, she would not be the kind of person to hide it.
"I'm not lesbian ... I'm not even kinda lesbian," Winfrey said in the emotional interview. "And the reason why it irritates me is because it means that somebody must think I'm lying. That's number one. Number two, why would you want to hide it? That is not the way I run my life."
Rosie got into a bit of a mess last year when during her chat with Stern, she insinuated that Oprah and Gayle are a couple.
"When they did that road trip, that's as gay as it gets," Rosie said. "And I don't mean it to be an insult either. I'm just saying, listen, if you ask me, that's the couple."
But with the launch of her own talk show on Oprah's network looming, Rosie has seen the light.
"I think that she's always told the truth, so why people wouldn't believe her, you know, I don't know," Rosie told ABC News. "Anything that she says, I believe is the truth ... she's pretty magnificent in every capacity and no, I don't think she's gay."
No doubt Rosie is aware that after 'The View' and her failed variety show, this may be her last chance to return to TV prominence.
"In the past she has let her big mouth get her in trouble," an insider tells me. "Trust me, Rosie has learned her lesson."
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince William Starts Paternity Leave Early, Prince Harry Could Be in U.K. For Baby's Birth
- Kim Richards Talks Arrest on Dr Phil: "None of This Would Have Happened if I Didn't Drink"
- John Stamos Confirms Full House Reunion: Show Coming Back for 13-Episode Netflix Special
- 'Modern Family's' Julie Bowen sticks up for Sofia Vergara
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty to threatening to kill
- 'Full House' reboot on Netflix confirmed
- Lindsey Vonn Talks Dating Tiger Woods, Jokes She's a "Really Good Girlfriend" for Watching Golf—Watch Now!
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard Seen Together for the First Time Since Their Wedding, Remain "Very Much in Love"
- What Will Royal Baby No. 2's Name Be? Vote Now!