'An Affair to Remember' Actress Neva Patterson Dies at 90
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Dec 17th 2010 10:45AM
Her daughter, Megan Lee, tells the Los Angeles Times that Patterson died Tuesday at her home in the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. She suffered complications from a broken hip.
Patterson already was a Broadway veteran when she was cast to play Lois for the Cary Grant movie. She originated the role of Helen Sherman in the 1952 Broadway play 'The Seven Year Itch.'
Her career in movies and TV ran from the 1940s to the 1990s and included more than 100 appearances. Her roles in the 1980s mini-series 'V' and 'V: The Final Battle' won her a continuing fan base.
According to The Los Angeles Times, Neva is survived by two children, six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Recently Departed Celebrities
Leslie Nielsen, Nov. 28: A master of the deadpan delivery and owner of some of the most quotable lines in film history, the 'Airplane!' and 'Naked Gun' joke-slinger died in Florida from complications of pneumonia. He was 84.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Aretha Franklin: Obama was 'tired' when he misspelled 'R-E-S-P-E-C-T'
- Kate Upton topless photos fake; model threatens to sue
- 'Psych's' James Roday to Star in CBS Comedy 'Good Session'
- TNT's 'Perception': Beth Riesgraf's Interrogation Gets Intense (Exclusive Video)
- 'Mad Men's' Elisabeth Moss Talks Becoming a Star On- and Off-Camera and Having the Pull to Get a Movie Made
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- 'Divergent' Preview: Dauntless Could Be the Death of You; Plus, a Quiz! (EXCLUSIVE)
- 'The Book Thief': Geoffrey Rush, Emily Watson Behind the Scenes (VIDEO)
- Box Office: What's the Secret to 'The Grand Budapest Hotel's Grand Success?