'An Affair to Remember' Actress Neva Patterson Dies at 90
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Dec 17th 2010 10:45AM
Her daughter, Megan Lee, tells the Los Angeles Times that Patterson died Tuesday at her home in the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. She suffered complications from a broken hip.
Patterson already was a Broadway veteran when she was cast to play Lois for the Cary Grant movie. She originated the role of Helen Sherman in the 1952 Broadway play 'The Seven Year Itch.'
Her career in movies and TV ran from the 1940s to the 1990s and included more than 100 appearances. Her roles in the 1980s mini-series 'V' and 'V: The Final Battle' won her a continuing fan base.
According to The Los Angeles Times, Neva is survived by two children, six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Recently Departed Celebrities
Leslie Nielsen, Nov. 28: A master of the deadpan delivery and owner of some of the most quotable lines in film history, the 'Airplane!' and 'Naked Gun' joke-slinger died in Florida from complications of pneumonia. He was 84.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lil Wayne's tour bus hit by gunfire on Atlanta highway after performance
- 'Furious 7' box office champ for fourth straight weekend
- 'Good Fellas' actors spill secrets at 25th anniversary screening
- 'Game of Thrones': Is "Evil" Ramsay a Threat to Sansa?
- Daytime Emmy Awards: 'Days of Our Lives,' 'Young and the Restless' Tie for Best Drama Series
- South Korea Box Office: 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Monopolizes Cinemas
- Recap of 'Revenge' Season 4 Episode 21: Aftermath
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Sansa's Torture, Jon's Badass Justice, Season 5 Episode 3
- Daytime Emmy Awards 2015: Winners List