'An Affair to Remember' Actress Neva Patterson Dies at 90
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Dec 17th 2010 10:45AM
Her daughter, Megan Lee, tells the Los Angeles Times that Patterson died Tuesday at her home in the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. She suffered complications from a broken hip.
Patterson already was a Broadway veteran when she was cast to play Lois for the Cary Grant movie. She originated the role of Helen Sherman in the 1952 Broadway play 'The Seven Year Itch.'
Her career in movies and TV ran from the 1940s to the 1990s and included more than 100 appearances. Her roles in the 1980s mini-series 'V' and 'V: The Final Battle' won her a continuing fan base.
According to The Los Angeles Times, Neva is survived by two children, six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Recently Departed Celebrities
Leslie Nielsen, Nov. 28: A master of the deadpan delivery and owner of some of the most quotable lines in film history, the 'Airplane!' and 'Naked Gun' joke-slinger died in Florida from complications of pneumonia. He was 84.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Jada Pinkett Smith Confirms 'Magic Mike XXL' Role
- Test Your 'Sports Jeopardy!' Knowledge With First Clip (Exclusive)
- Oscars: Thailand Selects 'Teacher's Diary' for Foreign-Language Category
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- ?Box Office: How Did 'The Maze Runner' Break the YA Curse?
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Maze Runner' Sprints to No. 1
- Jimmy Fallon Got a Shirtless James Franco and Seth Rogen for His Birthday (VIDEO)