Sheryl Crow Recalls 'Coming Alive' at Peter Frampton Show
First as a back-up singer for Michael Jackson, then as a solo artist herself -- Sheryl Crow's musical career has thrived over the last 17 years. So it's no surprise that she cites her defining moment as a concert, where she first "came alive."
"I was 13 and I went to see Peter Frampton and 'Frampton Comes Alive,'" Crow tells Spinner. "Yeah, he was hot but it was the first time I had ever seen a crowd that big for one thing."
To see the beauty of his lighting and his voice and his sensuality ... I wanted to do that immediately.
Crow journeyed from her home in Kennett, Mo. to Memphis, Tenn.'s Mid-South Coliseum, where she got a glimpse of someone transforming an entire room with just a few guys on stage. "To see the beauty of his lighting and his voice and his sensuality ... I think as a 13-year-old it seemed very daunting and intimidating, and at the same time very sensual and kind of unsafe and really kind of titillating. I wanted to do that immediately."
To this day, Crow hasn't tried the famous Frampton talk box, but still says that show inspired her make a serious run at becoming a singer. "I knew I could sing and I came from a musical family and it just seemed like such a long shot, but it was at that moment when I decided I would love to be able to do that."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- ?Sons of Guns' Stars Arrested for Alleged Child Cruelty
- Bed Hopping, Backstabbing and More Drama in Store for 'General Hospital'!
- Harold Perrineau Joins the DC Universe as a Never-Before-Seen Character in 'Constantine'
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- Ed Sheeran "Feels Bad," Says He'll Apologize to Miley Cyrus After Calling Her a Stripper