Sheryl Crow Recalls 'Coming Alive' at Peter Frampton Show
First as a back-up singer for Michael Jackson, then as a solo artist herself -- Sheryl Crow's musical career has thrived over the last 17 years. So it's no surprise that she cites her defining moment as a concert, where she first "came alive."
"I was 13 and I went to see Peter Frampton and 'Frampton Comes Alive,'" Crow tells Spinner. "Yeah, he was hot but it was the first time I had ever seen a crowd that big for one thing."
To see the beauty of his lighting and his voice and his sensuality ... I wanted to do that immediately.
Crow journeyed from her home in Kennett, Mo. to Memphis, Tenn.'s Mid-South Coliseum, where she got a glimpse of someone transforming an entire room with just a few guys on stage. "To see the beauty of his lighting and his voice and his sensuality ... I think as a 13-year-old it seemed very daunting and intimidating, and at the same time very sensual and kind of unsafe and really kind of titillating. I wanted to do that immediately."
To this day, Crow hasn't tried the famous Frampton talk box, but still says that show inspired her make a serious run at becoming a singer. "I knew I could sing and I came from a musical family and it just seemed like such a long shot, but it was at that moment when I decided I would love to be able to do that."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Tim McGraw Reveals How He Scared His Daughter's Boyfriend
- 'Frozen' Feud? Rosie O'Donnell Fires Back at Mayim Bialik
- How Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Makes Sure She Knows About Nude Photos
- Lauren Conrad Kisses William Tell in Wedding Photo; Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Twerk in Racy "Booty" Video: Top 5 Stories
- Joan Rivers' Fashion Police Tribute: Melissa Rivers, Giuliana Rancic, Kelly Osbourne, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember the Comedienne
- Madonna's 8-Year-Old Son David Banda Is an Amazing Dancer -- Check Out His Moves!