Sheryl Crow Recalls 'Coming Alive' at Peter Frampton Show
First as a back-up singer for Michael Jackson, then as a solo artist herself -- Sheryl Crow's musical career has thrived over the last 17 years. So it's no surprise that she cites her defining moment as a concert, where she first "came alive."
"I was 13 and I went to see Peter Frampton and 'Frampton Comes Alive,'" Crow tells Spinner. "Yeah, he was hot but it was the first time I had ever seen a crowd that big for one thing."
To see the beauty of his lighting and his voice and his sensuality ... I wanted to do that immediately.
Crow journeyed from her home in Kennett, Mo. to Memphis, Tenn.'s Mid-South Coliseum, where she got a glimpse of someone transforming an entire room with just a few guys on stage. "To see the beauty of his lighting and his voice and his sensuality ... I think as a 13-year-old it seemed very daunting and intimidating, and at the same time very sensual and kind of unsafe and really kind of titillating. I wanted to do that immediately."
To this day, Crow hasn't tried the famous Frampton talk box, but still says that show inspired her make a serious run at becoming a singer. "I knew I could sing and I came from a musical family and it just seemed like such a long shot, but it was at that moment when I decided I would love to be able to do that."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Game Of Thrones' stars get big pay raise
- Garth Brooks to give fans sneak peek of new album on Halloween
- ?The Big Bang Theory' recap: Can scientists be sexy?
- Extra Scoop: Did Teresa Giudice Spend $10K on Daughter's Music Video?
- Big Change Announced for ?The View'? Are There More Shakeups Ahead?
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Designs from Adrianna Papell
- Kris Jenner Feels Betrayed By Bruce Jenner; Brittany Maynard Pushes Back Death Date: Top 5 Stories
- Prince William, Pregnant Kate Middleton Go on Babymoon With Prince George in Scotland -- Details
- Khloe Kardashian Celebrates 14 Million Instagram Followers With a Super Sexy Booty Snap -- See the Pic!