Jennifer Lopez Sued for Blocking Tell-All Movie
By Tori Richards Posted Dec 20th 2010 07:45PM
Claudia Vasquez, business partner and former girlfriend of Lopez's ex-husband Ojani Noa, seeks $10 million in damages from Lopez for interfering with the production of the biopic, which has funding from NBC and Telemundo.
Lopez previously sued Noa for invasion of privacy last year when she discovered that he was making the movie and obtained an injunction prohibiting him from using the home movies. The singer has been pushing to resolve the case in arbitration in an effort to keep personal details from going public. Appeals on this issue have reportedly tied up production of the movie, tentatively titled 'The Escape.'
"She is using her money and her power to stop everything," Vasquez said. "She is not God. She behaves like she is the super power and that's not acceptable. I was very, very patient for over a year but because she is dragging out this case by appealing and not appearing (in court.) I decided we needed to resolve this."
Lopez attorney John H. Lavely did not return a phone call seeking comment.
The home videos the filmmakers hope to use run 27 hours and were filmed over a thee-year time period during Lopez and Noa's relationship. They were married in 1997 and divorced 11 months later.
"Her fans have never seen any of this footage," said Ed Meyer, a filmmaker attached to the project that was also named in Lopez's lawsuit last year. "Every day that goes by is a day that she has restrained us from making the movie. We are worried that we will lose backers."
Once the movie is made, Meyer theorizes that it could make tens of millions of dollars. He said the home movies chronicle a time when Lopez burst upon the celebrity scene in 'Selena' and 'Out of Sight.'
"There is one scene of her on a scooter with no underwear and in a hotel room leaving nothing to the imagination," Meyer said. "Then she is yelling at her mother that she gambles her money away and she is sick of it. And there's one that shows her going to an under-$10 dress shop and buying a dress that she wears on the red carpet and fans think it's worth thousands."
And other scenes allegedly show Lopez doing a lap dance on one woman and kissing another woman, Meyer said.
Lopez also made an unreleased sex tape with Sean "Puffy" Combs who successfully sued record exec Suge Knight when he sought to release it. Lopez made a statement at the time that she had never been racy on film, Meyer said.
Meyer hopes to call Combs as a witness in his case to prove that Lopez makes untruthful statements and none of her claims should be believed. It was only because Noa was nice enough to give Lopez an advance copy of the script for 'The Escape' that the singer even knew about the project, Vasquez said.
"We are not showing any sex videos or anything, we were researching and writing the script when she filed the lawsuit out of the blue," Vasquez added.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry tapped to perform Super Bowl halftime show
- One Direction, Katy Perry each win three American Music Awards
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Rita Ora: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Role Has "Opened a Lot of Doors"
- Idris Elba Working on 'Luther'-Inspired Album
- AMAs Beauty: Taylor Schilling, Rita Ora Pair Pale Lips With Statement Eyes
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5, Episode 7 Recap: You're Not Holding it Right
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1' Soars to the Top Spot
- 10 of the Greatest Movie Transformations Ever