Kim K. Vs. Paris: Who Won the War of the Holiday Cards?
By Jo Piazza Posted Dec 20th 2010 06:00PM
Welcome to the next battle in the Celebutante Wars: Operation Holiday Cards This week Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian released their respective Christmas cards to much chatter on the Internet.
Using the holidays to exploit oneself was a game invented by Paris. Hilton was one of the first celebrities to leak her annual card to the press back in the mid 2000s, when she still sat atop the celebutante throne and ruled the landscape of vacuous party girls as a sovereign.
So Hilton knows that the Christmas card sets the tone for the year and invariably sends a message to fans and foes alike.
What did Paris' card say this year, as she struck yet another sex kitten pose all by her lonesome? The solitary pose showed that Paris really is going it alone. On the cusp of 30, she is single, the result of a string of sorry relationships, she has alienated most of her former friends and her family's many attempts at making themselves famous have largely failed.
"Hilton's card bears a striking resemblance to the Christina Aguilera flick 'Burlesque' that unfortunately flopped at the box office," says celebrity blogger Micah Jesse. "I don't think there's any need for such a sexy holiday card... I mean, she is planning on sending this to her family members, right? Anyone who gets their hands on this card might think Paris Hilton is going (back?) into porn..."
'Cult of Celebrity' author Cooper Lawrence agrees that Hilton's card is screaming (moaning?) the wrong message!
"The Paris Hilton card looks like an escort ad not a Christmas card and is all about her not family or the holiday. It lacks class and sophistication and screams look I'm not wearing any underwear!," Lawrence tells PopEater. "It is the perfect image of an ego driven narcissist but it also says I'm insecure please pay attention to me whereas the Kim card is about family and is a beautiful portrait of a very close family who despite their antics really care about each other."
Kim poses with her entire family, biological, and extended through marriage and accidental pregnancy. Yes, they even let baby daddy Scott into the photo, proving that when it comes to the Kardashians the more the merrier, even if the more is a douchey drunk.
Kim has surpassed Paris as a brand because and not in spite of her family. The Kardashian Klan is appealing, offering a little something for everyone. Sure their card may look like the cover of a V.C. Andrews novel, but we love them because of their flowers in the attic, not despite them.
"While no one is smiling in the Kardashian pic, the card makes the entire family look royal, confident, and chic. Kim, specifically, looks elegant and pristine in a white floor-length gown," Jesse says. "This immaculately airbrushed and coiffed photo is the perfect card to put out after an extremely successful year for the Kardashians."
A picture isn't just worth a thousand words, it can also be worth thousands of bucks. The Kardashians have set the tone for 2011. If this card is any indication, Kim will continue to trump Paris into the new year.
MORE ABOUT Kim Kardashian
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kim Kardashian Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- American Music Awards 2014: The 5 Biggest and Best Moments From the Show
- Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Bring Down the House at 2014 American Music Awards With "Booty"
- Fergie Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During 2014 AMAs "L.A.Love" Performance, Robe Hangs Off Her Butt: Watch Now!
- The Best, Worst & Wackiest Dressed Stars At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Scott Parties While Pregnant Kourtney Posts About ‘Choices’ On Instagram
- Miley Looks Like A Muppet At Her Raunchy Birthday Celebration
- One Direction, Katy Perry each win three American Music Awards
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- 2014 American Music Awards Highlights: Jennifer Lopez's "Booty," Jessie J's Star-Studded Dance Party and More!
- Jennifer Lopez's "Booty" Performance Was the Perfect Way to Close the 2014 American Music Awards
- 2014 American Music Awards: Complete List of Winners!