Kim K. Vs. Paris: Who Won the War of the Holiday Cards?
By Jo Piazza Posted Dec 20th 2010 06:00PM
Welcome to the next battle in the Celebutante Wars: Operation Holiday Cards This week Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian released their respective Christmas cards to much chatter on the Internet.
Using the holidays to exploit oneself was a game invented by Paris. Hilton was one of the first celebrities to leak her annual card to the press back in the mid 2000s, when she still sat atop the celebutante throne and ruled the landscape of vacuous party girls as a sovereign.
So Hilton knows that the Christmas card sets the tone for the year and invariably sends a message to fans and foes alike.
What did Paris' card say this year, as she struck yet another sex kitten pose all by her lonesome? The solitary pose showed that Paris really is going it alone. On the cusp of 30, she is single, the result of a string of sorry relationships, she has alienated most of her former friends and her family's many attempts at making themselves famous have largely failed.
"Hilton's card bears a striking resemblance to the Christina Aguilera flick 'Burlesque' that unfortunately flopped at the box office," says celebrity blogger Micah Jesse. "I don't think there's any need for such a sexy holiday card... I mean, she is planning on sending this to her family members, right? Anyone who gets their hands on this card might think Paris Hilton is going (back?) into porn..."
'Cult of Celebrity' author Cooper Lawrence agrees that Hilton's card is screaming (moaning?) the wrong message!
"The Paris Hilton card looks like an escort ad not a Christmas card and is all about her not family or the holiday. It lacks class and sophistication and screams look I'm not wearing any underwear!," Lawrence tells PopEater. "It is the perfect image of an ego driven narcissist but it also says I'm insecure please pay attention to me whereas the Kim card is about family and is a beautiful portrait of a very close family who despite their antics really care about each other."
Kim poses with her entire family, biological, and extended through marriage and accidental pregnancy. Yes, they even let baby daddy Scott into the photo, proving that when it comes to the Kardashians the more the merrier, even if the more is a douchey drunk.
Kim has surpassed Paris as a brand because and not in spite of her family. The Kardashian Klan is appealing, offering a little something for everyone. Sure their card may look like the cover of a V.C. Andrews novel, but we love them because of their flowers in the attic, not despite them.
"While no one is smiling in the Kardashian pic, the card makes the entire family look royal, confident, and chic. Kim, specifically, looks elegant and pristine in a white floor-length gown," Jesse says. "This immaculately airbrushed and coiffed photo is the perfect card to put out after an extremely successful year for the Kardashians."
A picture isn't just worth a thousand words, it can also be worth thousands of bucks. The Kardashians have set the tone for 2011. If this card is any indication, Kim will continue to trump Paris into the new year.
MORE ABOUT Kim Kardashian
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kim Kardashian Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers Inherits Over $100 Million of Joan Rivers' Estate; Matthew McConaughey Hits Red Carpet With Adorable Kids: Top 5 Stories
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $22 Million New York City Apartment Next Door to Chelsea Clinton: Details
- Bewitched Reboot Scores NBC Deal: New Show Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter Daphne
- Hank Baskett Caught Wearing Wedding Band While Grocery Shopping ? After Kendra Kicked Him To The Curb
- Jodi Arias Seeking Help From Admirers To Help Raise $250,000 For Appeals ? Has Already Raised $30,000
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors
- Elizabeth Hurley Gets in the Disney Spirit During Mother-Son London Outing—See the Pic!
- Duggars Support Pro-Life Political Candidates With "Faith, Family, Freedom" Bus Tour—See the Pics!