Gwyneth Paltrow: Not Being With My Kids Is 'Really Hard on Me'
By Scarlett Newberry Posted Dec 21st 2010 07:00PM
When considering movie roles, "you want to put yourself in the hands of someone who's really good or where you might learn something that you never thought you'd learn because my time out of my house and away from my kids is no joke," a dead-serious Paltrow told PopEater while doing press in Los Angeles for 'Country Strong.'
"I am not putting them to bed right now, I'm here, and that's really hard on me. But at the same time, it's what I do, so when I do my work, I want to be inspired. I want to bring home something they'll be proud of and they'll look back and go, 'Wow, Mom was alright'."
When she's home in London with her children and her husband, Coldplay's Chris Martin, she is extremely hands on, she stresses. "I'm at everything and I pick them up everyday, take them [to school] every day, do everything for them, homework, bath ...When I'm home, I'm extremely 100% present."
Though Paltrow has often talked about her love of living in Europe, it sounds like she may be missing the green, green grass of home ... just a little bit at least.
"My favorite thing about [living in London] is it's very green. We're in the middle of the city, but we have grass and trees and a little swing set [and] I can take Apple to the Royal Ballet to see 'The Nutcracker.' There's a quality of life in terms of a big city there that's pretty great, but, you know, I miss home. It's hard. I love it there, but the older I get the more I miss, specifically, California."
Watch the 'Country Strong' Trailer:
MORE ABOUT Gwyneth Paltrow
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Gwyneth Paltrow Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Comeback kid: Lyn Christopher owes album reissue to rappers sampling her song sans permission
- Robin Thicke gives advice on love following split from Paula Patton
- Justin Bieber dedicates song to 'baby girl' Selena Gomez at surprise SXSW performance
- Jimmy Kimmel to Appear on Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's YouTube Show (Report)
- MIPTV: Amy Poehler to Join Comedy Central Speaking Panel
- John Woo to Head Jury at Beijing Film Festival
- Seth Rogen and Jimmy Kimmel find romance in ?True Detective 2? trailer ? VIDEO
- Daniel Radcliffe in Broadway's ?The Cripple of Inishmaan': First look ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- Jon Hamm photobombs tourists on ?Tonight Show' ? VIDEO
- Box Office: 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' Could Lose DreamWorks $84 Million
- 'Batman vs. Superman' Production Begins in Michigan?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic