Kathy Griffin: CNN Will 'Pull Me From the Air' If I Curse Again
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 21st 2010 08:05AM
Kathy Griffin has miraculously been asked to return for co-hosting duties on CNN's New Year's Eve countdown, but she's revealed that her contract states if she blurts one more F-Bomb on the air -- as she did last year, "they're going to pull me from the air."
She told Howard Stern that it's "in my contract that I can't say f**k." Last year the never-subtle comedienne dropped more than the Times Square ball during a discussion on Falcon "Balloon Boy" Heene. Yes, she mangled the kid's first name.
Following last year's flub, CNN issued an apology and subsequently barred Kathy from the network before inviting her back to co-host with Anderson Cooper again.
It begs the question ... is CNN acting like a parent that's rewarding their trouble-making kid?
"Kathy thinks they are nuts having her back on but isn't going to turn down a good paying gig," an insider tells me. "She's laughing all the way to the bank" while CNN execs will be biting their nails praying for a New Year's miracle (a curse-free Kathy).
The ironic part of this is that Kathy did have a no-curse clause in her contract last year, but as she told Stern ... it's cold up on that Times Square platform and she got "confused." WATCH:
No worries, a friend of the star tells me she's promised Anderson that this year she'll be on her best behavior.
"She has a lot of respect for him and doesn't want to let him down," my source explains. "She talks s**t about every celebrity she meets but you never hear an Anderson joke in her act. She even refused to play when Howard Stern wondered why Cooper was not more public about whether he was gay."
One things for certain, a lot of people will be watching this year solely to see if Kathy curses and gets the hook! If she does, I'll have something fun to write about on Jan. 1!
Kathy Griffin Snapshots
UNIVERSAL CITY, CA - DECEMBER 16: (L-R) Kathy Griffin, Jane Lynch, and Lisa Kudrow arrive to Kathy Griffin In Concert at Gibson Amphitheatre on December 16, 2010 in Universal City, California. (Photo by Joe Scarnici/WireImage)
MORE ABOUT Kathy Griffin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kathy Griffin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
- Taylor Swift Says She "Wouldn't Survive in Jail," Is Terrified of Sea Urchins -- Watch
- Ace of Cakes Star Duff Goldman: I Love Riding Motorcycles Even After Losing Toes in Crash
- Ebola In NYC! Doctor Tests Positive For Virus After Treating Patients In Guinea
- Lucky Break! Former ?RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub Gets $700K In Liens Cancelled In Bankruptcy Case
- Mean Girl! Kim Kardashian Snubs Chris Brown’s ‘Lowbrow’ Girlfriend Karrueche Tran
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation