Kathy Griffin: CNN Will 'Pull Me From the Air' If I Curse Again
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 21st 2010 08:05AM
Kathy Griffin has miraculously been asked to return for co-hosting duties on CNN's New Year's Eve countdown, but she's revealed that her contract states if she blurts one more F-Bomb on the air -- as she did last year, "they're going to pull me from the air."
She told Howard Stern that it's "in my contract that I can't say f**k." Last year the never-subtle comedienne dropped more than the Times Square ball during a discussion on Falcon "Balloon Boy" Heene. Yes, she mangled the kid's first name.
Following last year's flub, CNN issued an apology and subsequently barred Kathy from the network before inviting her back to co-host with Anderson Cooper again.
It begs the question ... is CNN acting like a parent that's rewarding their trouble-making kid?
"Kathy thinks they are nuts having her back on but isn't going to turn down a good paying gig," an insider tells me. "She's laughing all the way to the bank" while CNN execs will be biting their nails praying for a New Year's miracle (a curse-free Kathy).
The ironic part of this is that Kathy did have a no-curse clause in her contract last year, but as she told Stern ... it's cold up on that Times Square platform and she got "confused." WATCH:
No worries, a friend of the star tells me she's promised Anderson that this year she'll be on her best behavior.
"She has a lot of respect for him and doesn't want to let him down," my source explains. "She talks s**t about every celebrity she meets but you never hear an Anderson joke in her act. She even refused to play when Howard Stern wondered why Cooper was not more public about whether he was gay."
One things for certain, a lot of people will be watching this year solely to see if Kathy curses and gets the hook! If she does, I'll have something fun to write about on Jan. 1!
Kathy Griffin Snapshots
UNIVERSAL CITY, CA - DECEMBER 16: (L-R) Kathy Griffin, Jane Lynch, and Lisa Kudrow arrive to Kathy Griffin In Concert at Gibson Amphitheatre on December 16, 2010 in Universal City, California. (Photo by Joe Scarnici/WireImage)
MORE ABOUT Kathy Griffin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kathy Griffin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton Cancels Another Appearance Because of Severe Morning Sickness, Sends Apology Note
- Selena Gomez, Michelle Williams, and More Sit Front Row at Louis Vuitton Spring 2015 ? See Their Looks!
- Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses After Two Seasons: Find Out Why!
- Without His Pop's Support: Troubled Joe Giudice Requests Change To Release Conditions Following Beloved Father Frank's Tragic Death
- Nicole Kidman Breaks Her Silence on Beloved Father’s Sudden Death
- Taylor Swift Discusses Miley Cyrus and Feminism
- Fans: Maroon 5's 'Animals' music video violent and 'disturbing'
- Suddenlink launches Glenn Beck's TheBlaze after removing Viacom outlets
- Amal Alamuddin's Best Friend Admits Men Were ''Intimidated'' By Her Before She Met George Clooney
- Steven Tyler "Over the Moon" About Liv Tyler's Second Pregnancy! Get the Scoop
- Kris Jenner and Her Sweetest Moments With Kim, Kourtney, Khloé, Kendall and Kylie—See All Their Pics!