Beyonce's Trainer Explains How to Stay Fit This Holiday
By Amber James Posted Dec 24th 2010 11:30AM
Borges, who is responsible for sculpting the bodacious bods of Hollywood's biggest stars, including Beyonce, Shakira and Gwen Stefani, stopped by PopEater to give us a few tips on how to stay fit during the holidays.
1. Plan ahead! If you know you're going to an event with lots of decadent food and drinks, don't go on an empty tank -- you're more likely to make the wrong choices. Instead, snack on healthy protein and fats beforehand (like a handful of nuts), which promote production of hunger-suppressing hormone leptin in the stomach, making you feel full on much less food.
2. Get your workout in early! Between shopping and holiday parties, everyone's schedule fills up fast. If you get to the gym before the day has a chance to change your plans, you'll not only ensure you don't miss your workout, you'll also start the day off right and perpetuate healthier behavior throughout the day.
3. Don't diet, live it! If you focus on dieting rather than healthy living, you feel deprived and more than likely, one of those holiday parties will have you calling it quits. Focusing on healthy living instead will give you the strength you need to see past the holidays and into the new year.
4. Know your number! The holidays are a time of year when the weight sneaks up on you and then you begin the year playing catch-up rather than living the life you want. Get in the habit of weighing yourself in the morning. If you find yourself a pound or two heavier, it's easier to correct the behavior that caused it rather than waiting until the new year to realize you've gained 15lbs and not only have to deal with the added weight but also the mental feelings of defeat that hold you back.
5. Get outside! Family gatherings are great, but they don't all have to revolve around food! Get outside whenever possible for some fun, games and sweat! Whether it's a walk after dinner or a game of extreme Frisbee, motivate your friends and loved loves to get active with you during the holiday season -- they'll thank you for it. And after all, what better gift can you give than the gift of health?
Borges is world-renowned exercise physiologist, and author of 'Power Moves: The Four Motions to Transform your Body for Life.'
He recently developed a new line of organic raw vegan bars and smoothies, 22 Days Nutrition, based on the principal that it takes the human body 21 days to adjust to a major life change.
Stars Working Out
Kate Gosselin takes advantage of her alone time to bundle up and take a morning jog through the suburban streets of Wernersville, Pennsylvania.
MORE ABOUT Beyonce Knowles
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Beyonce Knowles Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Bell Gives Birth, Welcomes Second Baby Girl With Dax Shepard: See Her Name!
- Sony CEO Michael Lynton Defends The Interview Decision: "We Have Not Backed Down"
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Another Baby Girl, Their Second Child Together—Check Out Her Name!
- So Anna Kendrick and Eddie Redmayne Used to Have a Thing for Animated Animals—and Liam Neeson Had the Hots for a Cartoon Too!
- Ray Rice and Future Wife Janay Palmer Kissed While in Handcuffs in Aftermath of Elevator Fight: New Surveillance Footage Released