Was 2010 the Year of the Cheater?
By Jo Piazza Posted Dec 27th 2010 09:00AM
It happens. Some men cheat. Some rich and famous men cheat a little more than the average guy. In celebrity-land, we take this as a given. But the headlines from the past year spell something different. Doesn't it seem like the Y-chromosomed among us were stricken with an epidemic of unfaithfulness in 2010?
Let's start at the very beginning. While Tiger Woods' infidelity was officially exposed in 2009, we didn't realize the full scale of his harem of insignificant others until the early months of 2010, when we watched as the notches on Tiger's bed post went from three to five to nine to twelve! Did he really pick up a woman in a pancake house? Does his game really include the line: "I'm bone thugs and harmony"? According to the text records from some of his lovely ladies, it did.
As we wept for poor Elin Nordegren (so sweet, so shy, so Swedish), we all agreed no man could possibly cheat on a nicer, more beautiful woman.
Until one did.
Later, we learned that sometime reality star and motor sport enthusiast Jesse James had been unfaithful to America's sweetheart, Sandra Bullock. For shame! We believed Tiger had the market cornered on low-rent mistresses, but Jesse had him beat. Michelle "Bombshell" McGee made adult film stars Loredana Jolie and Joslyn James look like Sunday school teachers.
The gates were unleashed, Pandora's box was opened and the tabloids had a field day as an alleged mistress of none other than Ashton Kutcher started sharing her own raunchy text messages from Mr. Demi Moore.
With the arrival of fall, we learned that aging quarterback Brett Favre had allegedly sent raunchy self portraits and X-rated messages over text and MySpace (the kicker in that one was that Favre still uses MySpace).
Next we saw David Arquette and Courteney Cox split. Even though he denies ever cheating on his loving wife, can anyone believe him at this point? A precedent has been set and no Hollywood man can be trusted.
More recently, Eva Longoria Parker decided to drop the Parker from her name after discovering a cadre of inappropriate text messages between her ballplayer husband and the wife of a teammate.
Not even Wisteria Lane was safe.
Here's to hoping that 2011 brings a year of good tidings and cheer -- along with men with a little more self-control. But a word to the wise for you famous men who just can't help but stray next year: It's the text messages that get you every time (and sometimes, we suppose, the MySpace).
MORE ABOUT Tiger Woods
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Tiger Woods Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce Shares Adorable Family Photo With Blue, Jay Z Amidst Rumors of Marriage Problems: Picture
- Zac Efron Spotted Leaving Michelle Rodriguez's House Morning After Wild Night Out: Picture
- Jada Pinkett Smith Raises Awareness About Sexual Assault After Niece is Given Date-Rape Drug
- Why Kendall Jenner Is Quitting ‘KUWTK’
- Upcoming Book Details Secret Service's Maneuverings To Hide Bill Clinton's Hot ?Energizer’ Mistress From Hillary
- Girl Went Wild! Woman Who Sued Joe Francis And Won Is Looking To Collect Her Winnings ASAP!
- EPA sends out tweet promoting Kim Kardashian game
- Tim McGraw comments on altercation with female fan
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Tears, argument and an ultrasound at 'Men Tell All'
- Sneek Peak: An Angry Bird Lands on MTV's Finding Carter—Watch the Clip!
- Joan Rivers Tells Jennie Garth That She Looks Like a "Prostitute on a Safari"—See the Outrageous Moment!
- Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Scandal, Supernatural, Sons of Anarchy, The Originals and More