Stuntman on 'Hangover 2' Shoot Lands in Coma Following Set Accident
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 27th 2010 08:01AM
A serious accident has reportedly landed a stuntman on the set of 'The Hangover 2' in a coma. The Daily Telegraph reports that stunt driver Scott McLean, who in 2007 described himself as close to Australia's top 10 stunt drivers, was involved in an accident on Dec. 17.
The Telegraph says two cars traveling at high speeds crashed into each other in Bangkok as part of the stunt, leaving McLean with serious injuries.
'The Hangover 2' shoot has had its share of controversies. The sequel to the 2009 comedy smash was in the headlines after Mel Gibson was cast for a cameo role as a tattoo artist.
But the cast was rumored to be furious with the casting stunt and Gibson never got in front of the camera and was replaced by Liam Neeson.
Gibson was said to be furious, with an insider saying, "He doesn't understand why Mike Tyson, a drug user [and convicted rapist, as EW.com points out] who turned his life around, was given a chance while Mel was kicked to the curb. Everybody deserves a second chance."
'The Hangover' sequel is set for release on May 26, 2011. It has a big act to follow. The original 'Hangover' grossed over $277 million domestically.
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Renee Zellweger: 'Perhaps I look different -- who doesn't as they get older?!'
- Celebrity Playboy cover girls
- Florida Georgia Line: We're 'professional partiers' and smoke pot
- Fox's 'Weird Loners' Adds Willie Garson (Exclusive)
- Neil Patrick Harris Wasn't Academy's First Choice to Host the Oscars
- New James Bond Author Drops Clues About Upcoming 007 Book
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer to Star in Creepy Thriller 'The Forest'
- 'Fall' Trailer: Roman Catholic Priest's Life Shattered By Letter (VIDEO)
- Is Jena Malone Playing Robin in 'Batman v Superman'?