Stuntman on 'Hangover 2' Shoot Lands in Coma Following Set Accident
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 27th 2010 08:01AM
A serious accident has reportedly landed a stuntman on the set of 'The Hangover 2' in a coma. The Daily Telegraph reports that stunt driver Scott McLean, who in 2007 described himself as close to Australia's top 10 stunt drivers, was involved in an accident on Dec. 17.
The Telegraph says two cars traveling at high speeds crashed into each other in Bangkok as part of the stunt, leaving McLean with serious injuries.
'The Hangover 2' shoot has had its share of controversies. The sequel to the 2009 comedy smash was in the headlines after Mel Gibson was cast for a cameo role as a tattoo artist.
But the cast was rumored to be furious with the casting stunt and Gibson never got in front of the camera and was replaced by Liam Neeson.
Gibson was said to be furious, with an insider saying, "He doesn't understand why Mike Tyson, a drug user [and convicted rapist, as EW.com points out] who turned his life around, was given a chance while Mel was kicked to the curb. Everybody deserves a second chance."
'The Hangover' sequel is set for release on May 26, 2011. It has a big act to follow. The original 'Hangover' grossed over $277 million domestically.
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- Best and worst celebrity beach bodies (okay mostly best)
- TV Ratings: 'Bonnie & Clyde' Pulls 9.8 Million Viewers Across Three Nets
- Steven Spielberg's Longtime Editor Michael Kahn Tapped for 'Pele' (Exclusive)
- CBS Orders Mark Burnett Mini 'The Dovekeepers' for 2015
- Fran Drescher joins Broadway's ?Cinderella' as wicked stepmother
- Debra Messing and Eric McCormack discuss ?Will & Grace' legacy, karaoke, and ?Breaking Bad'
- Violence in PG-13 Movies Frequently Followed by Sex & Drinking, Study Finds
- 'Terminator 5' Has a New Subtitle (Maybe)
- Bryan Singer to Direct 'X-Men: Apocalypse'