Jane Fonda's Yoga Moves to De-Stress in Minutes [Video]
By Amber James Posted Dec 27th 2010 06:00AM
Just in time for the holidays, fitness icon Jane Fonda is ushering in workouts for a new generation. PopEater was lucky enough to meet with Tara Stiles, who stars in 'Jane Fonda's Workout: Daily Yoga' DVD, who taught us a few simple yoga moves that will create ease in your body and mind in just a few minutes. So whether you are stressed out from the holidays or whatever else, Team Fonda is here to help. Lets get started!
What and Why: Pigeon pose is great to release tension in the hips and eases the mind. You can do this yoga move anytime to unwind. It's especially useful before bed to help you sleep great through the night.
How to: Bring your shin parallel with the front of your body, resting your hip on the ground. Inhale and open your chest up, walking your fingertips back. Exhale and walk your hands out in front of you. Rest your forehead on your hands to ease the mind. Stay here for 10 long, deep breaths.
Bonus Tension Reliever: Bend your back knee and grab your ankle. Gently draw your foot toward your hip to release tension on the front of your thigh and open the shoulders. Stay here for 5 long, deep breaths. Make sure to do the other side!
Get Strong and Focused from the Inside Out!
Build strength from the inside out with this simple yoga routine that you can do anytime.
What and Why: Moving through simple poses like plank, side plank, up and down dog will strengthen and lengthen your entire body and simultaneously focus the mind.
How to: Come into a plank pose. (top of your push up position) Make sure your fingers are spread wide to protect and build strength in the wrists. Keep your stomach nice and strong. Lengthen the top of your head forward and your heels back. Stay here for 10 long deep breaths.
Tip: The longer and deeper you breathe the easier the moves will be and the stronger and more focused you'll get!
Side Plank: Lift your hips and roll on to the outside edge of your right foot. Stack your hips on top of each other and open your body to the side. Extend your left arm up if you feel steady. If not, rest your hand on your hip. Stay here for 5 long, deep breaths.
Up Dog: Come back to plank and lower your body half way down by bending your elbows straight back. Ease your knees down to the ground. Drop your shoulders down your back and straighten your arms.
Down dog: Tuck your toes, lift your hips and press back to down dog.
Roll out into plank and repeat the whole thing on the other side.
Stars Working Out
Kate Gosselin takes advantage of her alone time to bundle up and take a morning jog through the suburban streets of Wernersville, Pennsylvania.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince William Visits Malta in Place of Kate Middleton, Updates Crowd on Her Condition
- Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Mirabella Botti: Little People, Big World Wedding Photo
- Polly Bergen Dead: Actress and Singer Dies at 84
- New Shocker: Bruce Jenner Appears To Wear Spanx For Golf Outing SEE The Jaw-Dropping Photos
- Kim's Worst Nightmare: Racy Naked Selfies Of Kardashian Leak Online
- Mariah Carey reportedly leaning on director Brett Ratner for support
- U2 guitarist, The Edge has the edge in building his long-planned compound in Malibu
- Alicia Keys, Tyne Daly and Harry Belafonte memorialize Ruby Dee
- 6 Things We Were Obsessed With While Watching Beyoncé and Jay Z's On the Run HBO Special
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana Pole Dances at the Airport With Husband Marco Perego—See the Hilarious Video!
- Little People, Big World Star Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Botti—Get the Details on Their Farm Wedding!