TLC's Chilli Wants a Religious Man and More Babies
By Amber James Posted Dec 28th 2010 11:56AM
After an unsuccessful attempt to find her dream man, TLC singer Chilli is back for a second season of her hit VH1 reality show, 'What Chilli Wants.' But this time around, she's ditching the blind dates, noting she keeps her 13-year-old son Tron in her mind as she searches for Mr. Right.
"I can't imagine bringing someone around my son who is not an extraordinary man. He already has an active father [ex-husband Dallas Austin], so whoever is going to be my husband has to be a good figure for my son and add to our family," she tells PopEater.
But with her biological clock ticking, Chilli admits she's hoping to find a man soon because she wants more children. "I'm straight up and told all the guys this season I wanted kids. It probably made some of them nervous, but it shouldn't. I just need to know if we're on the same page or not because I want more kids," she adds.
Chilli sat down to discuss her ultimate deal breakers and how she plans to celebrate the "emotional" 20th anniversary of TLC.
Well, you're back for a second season. What happened to Bill?
Bill is a really nice guy, but we didn't have a connection. He's a great guy, but not my guy. People had me married off last season, but I hadn't even said, "I love this man." We dated, but it didn't work out.
Do you have a new approach now?
This time around, I pick all the guys. I can't do any more blind dates. It was difficult.
In the first season, you had a long list of what you wanted in a guy. Is it still the same?
Yes. My list is never changing. Why would it need to change?
What's the one quality that is most important to you?
He needs to love and have a relationship with God. I want to be with someone who is a lot like me, especially when it comes to morals, family and raising kids.
You've dated a few celebrities in the past -- like Usher. Did you set out to find someone involved in show business or specifically not involved?
I didn't really think about that going into the show ... Most of the guys in the industry that wanted to come on the show were actually nervous because they were scared of getting played on TV. But I would never play them on national TV.
Let's switch gears and talk about TLC.
TLC is still such a huge part of my life. Next year will mark 20 years since we started the group. We want to do something really special next year to celebrate. I want to perform because our fans are so sweet to us and love us so much. People have grown up with us, so it will be great to celebrate with everybody.
It's been eight years since Lisa's death ['Left Eye' Lopes died in a car accident in 2002]. Do you still get emotional performing without her?
We incorporate her with screens on stage, but when her part comes, I still can't look at the screens. I would break down if I did. Over the summer when we toured in Japan, we started to talk about Lisa and memories we had with her. I cried every time, so for this 20th anniversary, it'll be very emotional for me.
'What Chilli Wants' returns Sunday, Jan. 2nd at 9:30PM EST.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actor Edward Furlong charged with assaulting girlfriend
- Sofia Vergara brags on her backside with sexy selfie
- Then/Now: 'St. Elmo's Fire'
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Your Summer Roundup Of Reality-TV Ridiculousness
- Nick Offerman Is 'Axe Cop'
- Liv Tyler Joins Damon Lindelof's 'The Leftovers'
- ?The Voice': Season 4 winner is?
- ?So You Think You Can Dance': The Top 20!
- Bryan Cranston's Reddit AMA: Ryan Gosling's soft skin, Power Rangers, and sarcasm
- Miss USA Erin Brady on Miss Utah's Flub
- Beauty by the Numbers: The Makeover Treatment
- Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici to Have 'Pre-Wedding Honeymoon'?
- Kris Jenner Attends Taj Jackson's Wedding After Kim Kardashian Gives Birth
- Katy Perry Says Russell Brand Told Her Divorce Plans in a Text; Miley Cyrus Talks Liam Hemsworth: Today's Top Stories
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West's Baby Is "Meant to Be," Pal Brittny Gastineau Says