Bill Hemmer Gets Layered Up for New Year's Eve, Defends FOX News
By Nicki Gostin Posted Dec 29th 2010 07:18PM
So why should we watch you guys instead of Dick's rockin' New Year's Eve show?
Well he's great, he's terrific, he set the standard. He's the reason we all do a show, but we just have a ball, a blast doing the show and we like to think we have the most fun.
Are you saying that Ryan and Dick don't have fun?
They might but I haven't seen their show in six years because I've been out in Times Square. It's a great night for Americans to sit back and tune in and perhaps think a little bit about what we've been through the past twelve months and even more so prepare ourselves for what we're about to go into. At least for a couple of hours you can have a great time, get yourself a drink and sit back and relax and tune into FOX. I guarantee you'll have fun with us.
Do you wear a million layers?
We wear whatever we can get our hands on. Two years ago we had sustained winds of 35 miles per hour flying down right in our faces and we did a three hour show. It was absolutely brutal.
Did you feel like emailing Rupert Murdoch and asking for more money?
I did not but thank you for the suggestion. That's the risk we accept. We really like to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve. I highly encourage everyone to do at least once in their life. Come to Times Square and stand in those pens for six to eight hours.
Yeah and not be able to pee.
Yes I think bladder strength is important. But the people who are there are there to witness a moment and when all the confetti falls and they kick into Frank Sinatra's 'New York, New York,' and you see a million people gathered there -- it is a moment.
Do you guys get wasted afterwards?
Who says we're not already? Yes we always have a gathering at someone's apartment and talk about the night.
What do you say to people who say FOX News is biased?
I invite them to watch our program. We spare no one whether they're Democrats or Republicans. The fair and balanced slogan is alive and kicking.
So you guys don't favor the Republican Party?
It's our job to figure out a way to shoot it down the middle. There's too much noise out there anyway. Hopefully we can help viewers see their way through that or maybe get a picture that's a bit more in focus than the noise of the day.
Do you think cable news channels have contributed to the divisiveness that we see today?
I don't know what the role of cable stations is and has been in that national debate. What I do think is that when the economy gets strained people get concerned and they get protective for obvious reasons and they become protective of what they have.
How are stars spending their holidays? See our video:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ellen Page Steps Out With Girlfriend Samantha Thomas — See The Cute New Couple!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Photographed for First Time Since Giving Birth — See the Pic
- Sofia Vergara Talks Insecurities, Thinks She Looks Like a Drag Queen, Reacts to Kim Kardashian Comparisons
- Bobbi Kristina Brown death photo sold as family attends funeral
- Mike Huckabee shares his favorite movie, TV show and band
- Wife: Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka diagnosed with stomach cancer
- Meryl Streep Has "Ruby Red Eyes" During Live! Interview After Hitting the Club Until 1 A.M.—Watch Now!
- Amy Poehler, Cecily Strong, Behati Prinsloo & More Recreate Amy Schumer & Jennifer Lawrence's Pyramid Pic!
- Game of Thrones Recast Alert! Max von Sydow Joins Season 6 to Take Over the Role Of...