Snooki 'Hamster' Stunt Banned From Times Square on New Year's Eve?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 29th 2010 10:07PM
'Jersey Shore' star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi is looking for another way to ring in the New Year now that her plan to spend the festivities in a glass ball (think hamster toy) has been banned from the Times Square area on Dec. 31, sources reveal.
"The Snooki ball drop isn't going to happen in Times Square," an insider tells me. "At midnight, the crowd and the media will be watching Mayor Bloomberg, Dick Clark and the official ball drop, not a cast member of the 'Jersey Shore.'"
Earlier, Snookers told USA Today that the human ball drop will turn her into "a friggin' hamster!"
"It's the first time they've done it. I'm not sure how it's going to work, but I think it'll be fine," she said. "And if not, someone is going to be in big trouble!"
Little did she know it was Snooki and MTV that found themselves in big trouble once the officials who control Times Square on Dec. 31 found out what MTV was planning.
"No way would they allow this to take place. MTV rents a position in the Square that night like every other media outlet. You can't get access to the Square without an official credential. You have to play by the official rules or you get kicked out, which is exactly what has happened to MTV and Snooki," an insider tells me.
Of course, this doesn't mean the Snooki ball drop can't happen somewhere else in the NYC area! May I gently suggest New Jersey?
See Rob talk about 2010's biggest pop moments on the 'Today' show:
MORE ABOUT Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lake Bell Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby Girl With Husband Scott Campbell
- Chinese Woman Spends Entire Week at KFC After Getting Dumped By Boyfriend, Says She "Needed Time to Think"
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- J.K. Rowling writes backstory for Potter character
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!