Snooki 'Hamster' Stunt Banned From Times Square on New Year's Eve?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 29th 2010 10:07PM
'Jersey Shore' star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi is looking for another way to ring in the New Year now that her plan to spend the festivities in a glass ball (think hamster toy) has been banned from the Times Square area on Dec. 31, sources reveal.
"The Snooki ball drop isn't going to happen in Times Square," an insider tells me. "At midnight, the crowd and the media will be watching Mayor Bloomberg, Dick Clark and the official ball drop, not a cast member of the 'Jersey Shore.'"
Earlier, Snookers told USA Today that the human ball drop will turn her into "a friggin' hamster!"
"It's the first time they've done it. I'm not sure how it's going to work, but I think it'll be fine," she said. "And if not, someone is going to be in big trouble!"
Little did she know it was Snooki and MTV that found themselves in big trouble once the officials who control Times Square on Dec. 31 found out what MTV was planning.
"No way would they allow this to take place. MTV rents a position in the Square that night like every other media outlet. You can't get access to the Square without an official credential. You have to play by the official rules or you get kicked out, which is exactly what has happened to MTV and Snooki," an insider tells me.
Of course, this doesn't mean the Snooki ball drop can't happen somewhere else in the NYC area! May I gently suggest New Jersey?
See Rob talk about 2010's biggest pop moments on the 'Today' show:
MORE ABOUT Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray's Bachelorette Love Story: See Their Cutest Moments
- Khloe Kardashian Responds to Adrienne Bailon Bashing Rob; Brody Jenner Defends Kendall: Top 5 Wednesday Stories
- Justin Bieber "Ducked" Orlando Bloom's Punch After Making Comment About Miranda Kerr: Details
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Miranda Kerr tweets topless shot after Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom dust-up
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Ireland Baldwin channels Kim Basinger in '9 1/2 Weeks'
- Jennifer Lopez's Birthday Cake Was Just as Fierce as You'd Expect—See the Pic!
- Lindsay Lohan's Side Boob Is Dangerously Close to Falling Out While She Jet Skis in Ibiza—See the Pic!
- Russell Brand Slams Sean Hannity After Watching Segment on Gaza Conflict—Watch Now!