Snooki 'Hamster' Stunt Banned From Times Square on New Year's Eve?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 29th 2010 10:07PM
'Jersey Shore' star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi is looking for another way to ring in the New Year now that her plan to spend the festivities in a glass ball (think hamster toy) has been banned from the Times Square area on Dec. 31, sources reveal.
"The Snooki ball drop isn't going to happen in Times Square," an insider tells me. "At midnight, the crowd and the media will be watching Mayor Bloomberg, Dick Clark and the official ball drop, not a cast member of the 'Jersey Shore.'"
Earlier, Snookers told USA Today that the human ball drop will turn her into "a friggin' hamster!"
"It's the first time they've done it. I'm not sure how it's going to work, but I think it'll be fine," she said. "And if not, someone is going to be in big trouble!"
Little did she know it was Snooki and MTV that found themselves in big trouble once the officials who control Times Square on Dec. 31 found out what MTV was planning.
"No way would they allow this to take place. MTV rents a position in the Square that night like every other media outlet. You can't get access to the Square without an official credential. You have to play by the official rules or you get kicked out, which is exactly what has happened to MTV and Snooki," an insider tells me.
Of course, this doesn't mean the Snooki ball drop can't happen somewhere else in the NYC area! May I gently suggest New Jersey?
See Rob talk about 2010's biggest pop moments on the 'Today' show:
MORE ABOUT Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Is Officially a Soccer Mom: New North West Photos!
- Avril Lavigne Wants to Make Movies, Has a Pizza Named After Her: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Caitlyn Jenner's Conservative Views Concern Transgender Friends in New I Am Cait Sneak Peek: Watch
- Family feud in evidence at Bobbi Kristina funeral
- Wrestling legend Roddy Piper dead at 61
- Actress Valerie Harper out of hospital, resting with family
- Rihanna Shines Bright While Wearing Yellow Bikini and Flashy Jewelry on Vacation—See the Sexy Pic!
- Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig and the Ghostbusters Cast Surprise Patients at Boston Children's Hospital
- Kate Middleton Is Officially an Advanced Scuba Diver, Can Now Swim 98 Feet Underwater With Prince William