Dina Lohan: Give Lindsay 'Time and Space' to Heal
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 3rd 2011 02:30PM
Lindsay Lohan's release from rehab Monday is cause for celebration, but her mom Dina is hoping friends, well-wishers and of course the media will leave the trouble-prone 'Mean Girls' star alone as she continues her tough path to recovery.
"I thank everyone for their support, but I ask as a mother that she be given the time and space she needs," she tells me.
The actress has been holed up at the Betty Ford Center in Southern California since a judge sent her there in October after violating her probation earlier in the year by failing a drug test.
A source tells me that Lindsay was picked up by her mom and that her father, Michael, was not involved in her big exit. I'm told that after she's out, Lindsay will not be going to a safe house and that she'll likely be staying in Los Angeles for a while with her mom.
"They all might return to Long Island," the insider reveals. "Lindsay doesn't have any projects at the moment, so she'll focus on her fashion line."
Lindsay Lohan was spotted attending weekend classes at the Betty Ford Clinic in Palm Springs. on Saturday, December 4th, 2010 X17online.com
- Filed under:
- Movie News -
- CelebRehab -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Celebrity Health and Beauty
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joe Cocker dead at 70
- HBO releases new 'Game of Thrones' footage in trailer
- Heidi Klum ads showed too much skin for Las Vegas?
- Matthew McConaughey, Charlize Theron, Rooney Mara Join Voice Cast for 'Kubo and the Two Strings'
- Watch the Fan Trailer That Pits the Avengers vs. the Justice League
- How to Get a Job in Shondaland
- Sony Stills Plans on Releasing 'The Interview' - But Doesn't Know When or How
- Jessica Lange Wants $260K in Cash in 'The Gambler' (EXCLUSIVE)
- ?Oscars 2015: How Will the Holiday Box Office Affect the Awards?