Source: 'Bachelor' Brad Vowed to Propose This Time
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 4th 2011 06:59AM
The most hated man in 'Bachelor' history, Brad Womack, returned to ABC last night looking for a second chance to find love. Does he find it? He better! Sources tell me that part of his deal with producers to return to the hit dating show was a guarantee that this time he will propose -- something he walked away from last time.
"Everyone knows reality TV isn't very real, however, promising that you will find a wife before you even meet the contestants is a new low," a TV executive tells me. "It makes total sense to bring Brad back for a second chance and it will totally result in huge ratings. I just hope the woman are in on this deal as well."
Brad insisted throughout the first episode and the press interviews leading up to last night's debut that he was "a changed man."
After three years of therapy and self-reflection, he discovered he was a commitment-phobe that tended to push people away before they could hurt him. However, friends of the bachelor tell me Brad's problem isn't a fear of intimacy but rather his love of fame.
"Brad was dying to get back on TV," a friend of the Texas native tells me. "He hasn't done anything since he was the 'Bachelor' and missed the cameras and the attention every single day. Now, he can pretend for America that he is falling in love all over again and in the process make a ton of cash."
This doesn't sound like it can end well to me.
Watch the Best Part About Last Night's Season Opener, Courtesy of TV Squad:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diem Brown's Love Chris "CT" Tamburello Proposed Five Days Before Her Death; Kendra Wilkinson Talks Sex With Hugh Hefner: Top 5 Stories
- Dancing With the Stars Winner Revealed on Season 19 Finale: Is It Alfonso Ribeiro, Janel Parrish, or Sadie Robertson?
- Ellen DeGeneres Replaces Dakota Johnson and Portrays Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer Parody -- Watch!
- Separate Bedrooms, Separate Lives? Scott Disick Admits He & Kourtney Kardashian ?Haven't Slept Together In 5 Years'
- Things you might not know about the ladies of 'The Big Bang Theory'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun