Kirk Cameron to Anderson Cooper on Arkansas Bird Death: 'Call a Veterinarian, Not Me'
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 4th 2011 09:30PM
Things Kirk Cameron will not be remembered as: a theology scholar, a foreseer of the apocalypse, a man who takes kindly to subtle mockery from Anderson Cooper.
Following the mysterious death of close to 2,000 red-winged blackbirds in Beebe, Ark., earlier this week, Anderson Cooper reached out to the former 'Growing Pains' star in an attempt to have him address reports that the event is a sign of the impending apocalypse.
Cameron, who stars in the popular 'Left Behind' films, which take place following the Rapture, was not amused by Cooper's implication that his religious beliefs were the same as end-of-days zealotry. The actor told the Silver Fox, "You know, I'm not the religious-conspiracy theorist go-to guy, particularly. But I think it's really kind of silly to try to equate birds falling from the sky with some kind of an end-times theory."
Watch the video after the jump!
MORE ABOUT Anderson Cooper
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Anderson Cooper Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Bell Gives Birth, Welcomes Second Baby Girl With Dax Shepard: See Her Name!
- Sony CEO Michael Lynton Defends The Interview Decision: "We Have Not Backed Down"
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- This Guy Is Casually Hanging Out With Nicki Minaj's Naked Booty (Sorta)—See the Funny Pic!
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Another Baby Girl, Their Second Child Together—Check Out Her Name!
- So Anna Kendrick and Eddie Redmayne Used to Have a Thing for Animated Animals—and Liam Neeson Had the Hots for a Cartoon Too!