'Biggest Loser' Star Rejected Before for Being Too Fat
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 5th 2011 10:00PM
Can you imagine auditioning to be a contestant on 'The Biggest Loser' and being told you're too overweight to be helped by the show's experts? That's exactly what happened to 22-year-old contestant Courtney Crozier.
"Three years ago when Courtney auditioned, the producers didn't think she was healthy enough to be part of the show," a producer of the hit TV series reveals to me. "These contestants are put through an exercise program that is very tough," and her weight (435 pounds at the time) was too dangerous, my source tells me.
But after being rejected, brave Courtney lost over 112 pounds on her own, auditioned again and that time got accepted.
"She hopes to lose an additional 150 pounds," an insider tells me. "She has struggled with her weight her entire life and decided on her 21st birthday she was going to win this battle."
Weighing in at 323 pounds (down from 435) and with the professional team from 'The Biggest Loser' behind her, she is going to figure out the reasons behind her dangerous problem.
"I want to prove that it's never too late to be what you might have been, even if you are over 400 pounds like I was just one year ago," Courtney says in her 'Biggest Loser' profile.
Best of luck, Courtney! Although, I'm not so sure you need their help after doing so great all by yourself.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Weight -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Celebrity Health and Beauty
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Elisabetta Canalis Engaged to Brian Perri! George Clooney's Ex to Marry in Italy Same Month
- Michelle Duggar on Date Nights With Jim Bob Duggar: He's "More Spontaneous Than I Am"
- Victoria Beckham Collapses Under Weight of Water in Ice Bucket Challenge, Gets Soaked by Kids
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'LeAnn and Eddie' Recap: LeAnn Rimes worried window for having kids is closing
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer's assault accuser wants lawsuit dismissed
- Nick Cannon confirms he and wife Mariah Carey are living apart
- Julianne Hough Talks Returning to Dancing With the Stars as Judge, Who She's Going to Butt Heads With—Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lopez Doesn't "Whore Around", But Does She Prefer Younger Men? Watch Now!
- So Weird! Man Arrested and Jailed Claimed to Be Scott Weiland, but Former Stone Temple Pilots Frontman Is Safe in the Studio