'Biggest Loser' Star Rejected Before for Being Too Fat
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 5th 2011 10:00PM
Can you imagine auditioning to be a contestant on 'The Biggest Loser' and being told you're too overweight to be helped by the show's experts? That's exactly what happened to 22-year-old contestant Courtney Crozier.
"Three years ago when Courtney auditioned, the producers didn't think she was healthy enough to be part of the show," a producer of the hit TV series reveals to me. "These contestants are put through an exercise program that is very tough," and her weight (435 pounds at the time) was too dangerous, my source tells me.
But after being rejected, brave Courtney lost over 112 pounds on her own, auditioned again and that time got accepted.
"She hopes to lose an additional 150 pounds," an insider tells me. "She has struggled with her weight her entire life and decided on her 21st birthday she was going to win this battle."
Weighing in at 323 pounds (down from 435) and with the professional team from 'The Biggest Loser' behind her, she is going to figure out the reasons behind her dangerous problem.
"I want to prove that it's never too late to be what you might have been, even if you are over 400 pounds like I was just one year ago," Courtney says in her 'Biggest Loser' profile.
Best of luck, Courtney! Although, I'm not so sure you need their help after doing so great all by yourself.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Weight -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Celebrity Health and Beauty
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Queen Elizabeth II Photobombs a Selfie at the Commonwealth Games: See the Amazing Picture
- Erin Heatherton Goes Topless on a Horse, Rides a Horse Bareback for Buffalo David Bitton Campaign With Eric Decker
- Kim Kardashian Calls Khloe Kardashian a "Miserable Person" After Selfies Diss on Keeping Up With the Kardashians
- A Baby To Save Their Marriage: Troubled Portia De Rossi Reportedly Wants A Baby With Wife Ellen DeGeneres? And Even Consults A Surrogacy Agency!
- It's Here! Check Out Brand New ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Preview (That Some Say Reeks Of Cheesiness!)
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- Dolly Parton on how God helps her stick to her country roots
- FOX411's pic of the day