Kathy Griffin's Newest Palin to Pounce On? Willow, 16
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 5th 2011 04:41AM
You would think that after the backlash Kathy Griffin received for making fun of Bristol Palin's weight, the red-headed comedienne would have learned her lesson. Well, think again. Kathy has her eye set on a new Palin to make fun off. "I think it's Willow's year to go down," Griffin snarked to The Hollywood Reporter. "In 2011, I want to offend a new Palin."
With her being only 16, Willow would seem to be a target fraught with disadvantages, but that doesn't matter to Kathy.
"[She] genuinely can't stand any of the Palin family," a friend of Kathy's tells me. "Yet, the real reason she won't leave them alone is she loves all the headlines she gets whenever she attacks them."
What would it take to pry Kathy's claws from the Palin family? My source thinks that if people would just doggone stop caring about the Palins, then Kathy would be the first to move on and "find another victim."
Sure, Kathy does seem to change her target as often as Sarah winks to her fans, but what makes the Palin family different from the other celebrities she drills is that they're. Not. Going. Anywhere.
"No one is more surprised than Kathy that we still care about this family," an insider tells me. "For a while it was Jessica Simpson's weight, Heidi Montag's plastic surgery or 'The Real Housewives' that had us all buzzing. But they have all come and gone."
Let's face it folks, the Palins are in the news daily, and Kathy is way too smart a woman to miss an opportunity to cause trouble. So watch out Willow, sources tell me that what Kathy has planned for you will make the comments about your older sister look like poetry.
It's a Palin Party
In this Dec. 16, 2010 photo provided by ABC, Robin Roberts, far right, rides a snowmobile with Sarah Pailn (in orange helmet) and her daughter Piper during an interview with Sarah Palin for ABC's Good Morning America at the Palin home in Wasilla, Alaska. (AP Photo/Matt Hage) NO SALES
ABC via AP Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares "Jailbird Cake" Recipe After Martha Stewart's "Conscious Coupling" Pie-Filling Diss
- Kendall Jenner Just Landed Another Huge Gig: Find Out Which Brand Hired the Rising Model!
- Mike Nichols Mourned by Al Pacino After Death: "He Was the Greatest Director I Ever Worked With"
- Travis Alexander Never Loved Jodi Arias, Expert Testifies: Inside Their ?Below The Waist' Relationship
- Fame Over Friends: Money-Hungry Kardashians Have ‘Forgotten’ The Little People In Their Quest For Spotlight, Pals Claim
- Bill Cosby to remain trustee at Temple University
- Country singer Ty Herndon comes out as gay
- CBS news chairman Jeff Fager steps down, stays at '60 Minutes'
- Donald Trump Thinks Bill Cosby Needs a Better PR Team: Comedian Should Be Handling Rape Allegations "Differently"
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Cries Over Her Mother's ''Betrayal" in Emotional Kendra on Top Sneak Peek: Watch Now!
- Marc Anthony and Shannon De Lima Make Red Carpet Debut as a Married Couple at the 2014 Latin Grammys