Friend: Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Are Serious
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 5th 2011 08:30AM
The stunning confirmation that Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp are dating just days after the rock star announced his separation from Elaine Irwin, his wife of 18 years, has shocked everyone -- except Meg's close friends.
"Meg has liked John for a long time, and they are very comfortable together," a friend of the 'You've Got Mail' star tells me. "They already looked like an old married couple when they strolled through [New York's] West Village or spent time on Martha's Vineyard."
Reactions to the new couple have been varied, but most agree the timing is a bit eyebrow-raising. So soon, guys? That said, my source hints that things are way more serious than you'd think.
"They don't care what people say," the friend says. "They are in love."
This isn't the first time that Meg has found herself in a marriage mess. She and Dennis Quaid split up in 2000, and she later revealed her husband had been quite the (straying) dog. She very quickly moved on with Russell Crowe, but that didn't last.
"Meg has a thing for famous men," her friend tells me. "But [John] is great with her adopted daughter [Daisy True] and has even met her son with Dennis [Jack Henry]. As far as Meg is concerned, life is too short to not grab happiness when it comes along. She has nothing to prove to anyone."
Meg and the City
Meg Ryan, bundled up in gloves and a scarf, was spotted smiling and chatting in New York City on Friday, Dec. 10th. Check Out More Pics of Meg >>
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Elizabeth Vargas and husband split, report says
- Billy Crystal to present Emmy Awards tribute to Robin Williams
- 'Teen Barbie' Lolita Richi says appearance is all natural
- ?Spider-Woman #1? has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Nick Offerman reads profound Shower Thoughts from Reddit
- Robin Williams' Ashes Scattered in San Francisco Bay
- Are These Kardashian Rumors Fact or Fiction? Jonathan Cheban Weighs In