Natalie Portman Debuts Her Baby Bump
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jan 6th 2011 12:45PM
Newly engaged mother-to-be Natalie Portman showed off her baby bump in LA Wednesday at the People's Choice Awards. She was on hand with her 'No Strings Attached' co-star Ashton Kutcher to present the award for Favorite Movie.
Dressed in a loose black and blue Jason Wu shift dress, Portman, 29, skipped the red carpet and opted for a more low-key evening, keeping her hands clasped in front of her stomach while talking with friends backstage, according to Us Weekly.
The 'Black Swan' star recently announced her pregnancy and engagement to the film's choreographer and her dance partner Benjamin Millepied.
The happy news comes on top of Portman's Screen Actors Guild and Golden Globe nominations (plus a likely Oscar nod) for her portrayal of a troubled ballerina in the film, a role that affected her both physically and emotionally.
"There were some nights that I thought I literally was going to die," she said of portraying such a dark character. "It was the first time I understood how you could get so wrapped up in a role that it could sort of take you down."
Despite the toll 'Black Swan' had on the actress, Portman isn't resting on her laurels while she waits for her bundle of joy. She's gearing up for the grueling awards season and has three big movies hitting theaters in 2011 -- 'No Strings Attached' (Jan. 21), 'Your Highness' (April 8) and 'Thor' (May 6).
MORE ABOUT Natalie Portman
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Natalie Portman Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- 'SNL' Cold Open Mocks Ebola's Spread to NYC
- New York TV Festival Unveils Winners of 20 Development Deals
- Jill Soloway: How a Detour Into Indie Filmmaking Led to Amazon's 'Transparent'
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming