Billy Baldwin on Alec's Voicemails and Dirty Skyping
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 7th 2011 05:11PM
"I think a lot of people were inspired, or didn't make the connection, until 'It's Complicated' when my brother [Alec] jumped in front of the Skype monitor and Steve Martin lost an eye," Billy told me while taping my HDNet talk show, 'Naughty But Nice With Rob.' "This is where you will get me in trouble with my wife ... talking about this sort of stuff!"
Besides flexing his TMI muscle, Billy shows how loyal he can be to his beloved family when he defends Alec over those infamous voicemails he left for his daughter a few years back, saying the media didn't have the whole story.
"That was totally misunderstood. If people understood the circumstances surrounding that -- with the circumstances as I know them to be for sure," he tried to explain. "If I were confronted with similar circumstances, I would have been hurt, upset and certainly would have raised my voice. I certainly would have been telling people off."
The Long Island boy also lamented the collateral damage involved with growing up with three brothers -- actors Alec, Daniel and Stephen.
"I had four concussions and a fractured skull by the time I was eight. Just from Daniel," Billy told me. "I'm not lying."
Is he still close with his brothers? Absolutely -- especially the '30 Rock' star. However, the best story that my new favorite Baldwin told me was that unlike Alec, he would never want to get into politics, despite having a degree in political science. "It's not a good time to run for political office right now for many reasons," he explains. "All you do is raise money all day."
He bluntly adds, "It's also so divisive and full of partisan hack s**t."
And what does he think about his brother Stephen's right-leaning political views? "Stephen got dropped on his head at birth, that's why he wound up the way he is politically," he jokes -- as only an older brother can. "He's lost, yeah, severe brain injury."
Tune in Saturday night at 7:00 PM to HDNet to catch the rest of my chat with Billy!
To see my entire interview with Billy, check out 'Naughty But Nice With Rob' on HDNet this Saturday night at 7:00 PM.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Is Showstopper In Plunging Dress at Las Vegas 34th Birthday Bash: Pictures
- Anna Kendrick Dazzles in New Kate Spade Holiday Ad Campaign: See the Behind-the-Scenes Pictures!
- Sugar Bear Visits Mama June's House After TLC Announces Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancellation
- Royal Health Update: Kate Middleton ?Is Continuing To Improve,' Says Palace Rep
- Home Invasion! Palm Springs ‘Hollywood Vacation Paradise’ Terrorized By Stalker, He’s ‘On The Loose,’ Says PD
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!