Billy Baldwin on Alec's Voicemails and Dirty Skyping
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 7th 2011 05:11PM
"I think a lot of people were inspired, or didn't make the connection, until 'It's Complicated' when my brother [Alec] jumped in front of the Skype monitor and Steve Martin lost an eye," Billy told me while taping my HDNet talk show, 'Naughty But Nice With Rob.' "This is where you will get me in trouble with my wife ... talking about this sort of stuff!"
Besides flexing his TMI muscle, Billy shows how loyal he can be to his beloved family when he defends Alec over those infamous voicemails he left for his daughter a few years back, saying the media didn't have the whole story.
"That was totally misunderstood. If people understood the circumstances surrounding that -- with the circumstances as I know them to be for sure," he tried to explain. "If I were confronted with similar circumstances, I would have been hurt, upset and certainly would have raised my voice. I certainly would have been telling people off."
The Long Island boy also lamented the collateral damage involved with growing up with three brothers -- actors Alec, Daniel and Stephen.
"I had four concussions and a fractured skull by the time I was eight. Just from Daniel," Billy told me. "I'm not lying."
Is he still close with his brothers? Absolutely -- especially the '30 Rock' star. However, the best story that my new favorite Baldwin told me was that unlike Alec, he would never want to get into politics, despite having a degree in political science. "It's not a good time to run for political office right now for many reasons," he explains. "All you do is raise money all day."
He bluntly adds, "It's also so divisive and full of partisan hack s**t."
And what does he think about his brother Stephen's right-leaning political views? "Stephen got dropped on his head at birth, that's why he wound up the way he is politically," he jokes -- as only an older brother can. "He's lost, yeah, severe brain injury."
Tune in Saturday night at 7:00 PM to HDNet to catch the rest of my chat with Billy!
To see my entire interview with Billy, check out 'Naughty But Nice With Rob' on HDNet this Saturday night at 7:00 PM.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mariah Carey Steps Out With Kids; Nick Cannon Wears "Saved" Baseball Cap as Marriage Crumbles
- Chris Soules Confirms He's New Bachelor, Says He's "Humbled" on Good Morning America
- Chelsea Handler Naked in Shower During Ellen DeGeneres Fight on Chelsea Lately Finale: Watch
- Mariah Carey Gets Grilled About Nick Cannon
- Miley Cyrus’ Homeless Friend Wanted by Oregon Police
- ?Everyone But You Is Over It': ESPN's Reporting Of Openly-Gay NFL Pioneer Michael Sam's Showering Habits Irritate Teammate, Tweeters
- 'Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping minor
- GAP uses skinny model to market 'curvy' jeans
- Conrad Hilton, Paris' brother, sustains major injuries in car crash