Billy Baldwin on Alec's Voicemails and Dirty Skyping
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 7th 2011 05:11PM
"I think a lot of people were inspired, or didn't make the connection, until 'It's Complicated' when my brother [Alec] jumped in front of the Skype monitor and Steve Martin lost an eye," Billy told me while taping my HDNet talk show, 'Naughty But Nice With Rob.' "This is where you will get me in trouble with my wife ... talking about this sort of stuff!"
Besides flexing his TMI muscle, Billy shows how loyal he can be to his beloved family when he defends Alec over those infamous voicemails he left for his daughter a few years back, saying the media didn't have the whole story.
"That was totally misunderstood. If people understood the circumstances surrounding that -- with the circumstances as I know them to be for sure," he tried to explain. "If I were confronted with similar circumstances, I would have been hurt, upset and certainly would have raised my voice. I certainly would have been telling people off."
The Long Island boy also lamented the collateral damage involved with growing up with three brothers -- actors Alec, Daniel and Stephen.
"I had four concussions and a fractured skull by the time I was eight. Just from Daniel," Billy told me. "I'm not lying."
Is he still close with his brothers? Absolutely -- especially the '30 Rock' star. However, the best story that my new favorite Baldwin told me was that unlike Alec, he would never want to get into politics, despite having a degree in political science. "It's not a good time to run for political office right now for many reasons," he explains. "All you do is raise money all day."
He bluntly adds, "It's also so divisive and full of partisan hack s**t."
And what does he think about his brother Stephen's right-leaning political views? "Stephen got dropped on his head at birth, that's why he wound up the way he is politically," he jokes -- as only an older brother can. "He's lost, yeah, severe brain injury."
Tune in Saturday night at 7:00 PM to HDNet to catch the rest of my chat with Billy!
To see my entire interview with Billy, check out 'Naughty But Nice With Rob' on HDNet this Saturday night at 7:00 PM.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Angelina Jolie's Wedding Dress Featured Colorful Designs Drawn By Her and Brad Pitt's Kids -- See the First Pic!
- Carrie Underwood is Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Mike Fisher!
- Melissa Rivers Releases New Statement on Mom Joan River's Condition; Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leaked: Top Weekend Stories
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 11 Times Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie Ruined Our Childhood
- Newly Single Britney Spears Ready for a "Hot Guy," Supports Jamie Lynn Spears at Los Angeles County Fair
- Morgan Stewart and Brendan Fitzpatrick Face Major Baby Drama—See the #RichKids of Beverly Hills Recap!