J.Lo's Ex-Husband's Girlfriend Files For Restraining Order Against Star
By Sarah Crow Posted Jan 7th 2011 10:30AM
Jennifer Lopez and Ojani Noa may have divorced over a decade ago, but Noa's new flame is not ready to let Lopez out of her sights.
RadarOnline reports that Noa's girlfriend, Claudia Vasquez, is seeking a temporary restraining order against J.Lo, so she can move forward with a TV project about the 'American Idol' judge.
Prior to Vasquez's filing, Lopez had been in an out of court with Noa, a former manager at her Pasadena restaurant, Madre's, since their 1998 divorce, embroiled in legal battles over everything from termination of employment to breach of contract.
Although the singer/actress's marriage to the former waiter lasted less than a year, Lopez has filed multiple lawsuits against Noa in recent years to keep him from releasing information about her in a planned tell-all book and film.
Noa's agent/manager Ed Meyer tells Radar, "If Jennifer Lopez loses, it will be catastrophic for her, and will also completely disprove J.Lo's case against Ojani and I."
Noa and Meyer were barred from releasing a supposedly racy video of Lopez last year by Judge James Chalfant, who in his ruling stated: "They may not publish it for any reason ... Anywhere, anytime, anyhow ... without further court order. If they do, they go to jail."
Lopez, who has been married to her third husband, Marc Anthony, since 2004, was sued by Vasquez for $10 million earlier this month after potentially preventing Vasquez from moving forward with TV and movie deals.
Radar reports that Noa is planning to file a $10 million defamation lawsuit against Lopez's parents in the near future as well.
Watch Noa's interview on J.Lo.
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Lopez
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Lopez Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Extra Scoop: Watch Jason Momoa's Super Intense ?GoT' Audition Tape
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'
- David Letterman's Ex-Cue Card Man Says ?Dave Is the Best Boss in the World'
- Shia LaBeouf Discusses Friendship With Brad Pitt: "He's Like My Husband"
- Matthew Morrison Shares Beautiful Wedding Picture With New Wife "Mrs. Renee Marie Morrison"
- Misty Upham's Father Charles Slams Auburn Police: "She Could've Been Alive, We Could've Resuscitated Her"