'DWTS' pro Maks Chmerkovskiy Seeks Love on Ukraine's 'The Bachelor'
By AOL TV Editors Posted Jan 8th 2011 12:25PM
Although Chmerkovskiy had previously declared he'd never go on a dating reality TV show, he defended his choice on his website. "This is the first thing in a VERY LONG TIME that I'm doing for ME. For the first time, I don't really care what people think. First time that I'm not being 'judged', 'placed' or 'criticized.'"
In the same post on his website, Chmerkovskiy wrote that he turned down ABC's American 'Bachelor.' EW.com has since debunked that claim, as a 'Bachelor' source insists the 30-year-old dancer was never offered a season of the U.S. franchise.
Chmerkovskiy arrived in Ukraine Nov. 26, almost immediately after the latest 'Dancing With the Stars' season ended. He reportedly filmed for four to six weeks. Many wondered if a photo he posted on Twitter of a snowy chalet was a location for the show. Erin Andrews, his 'DWTS' season 10 partner, told Access Hollywood she had "no idea" if he found love during his overseas adventure.
Chmerkovskiy, often linked to 'DWTS' partners including Andrews and once engaged to fellow ballroom pro Karina Smirnoff, has said in the press that after turning 30, he and his family felt it was time to get serious about settling down.
On his website, he continued, "There has never been a show such as this in Ukraine, and it makes me think that a first season would be the most 'real' as far as participant's perception of 'what it's all about.' ... I know it's hard to find someone you can connect to on a project like this, but nothing is impossible. For the sake of the show I can't reveal anything, but I must say I am very pleasantly surprised so far."
Here, Andrews denies she ever got romantic with Chmerkovskiy but confirms he is, indeed, 'The Bachelor' in Ukraine.
For more from TVSquad, read on >>>
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Lindsay Lohan and her brother being sued for $60 million
- J-Lo admits Ben Affleck broke her heart
- Three very big secrets from the set of ?The Big Bang Theory'
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!