'Home': Cutest Duet of 2011 So Far, By Far
By Christine Fenno Posted Jan 8th 2011 05:32PM
It's chill enough to be cool, and just cute enough to make you think of how excellent life would be if we could all stay up late every night in our snowman jammies and jam.
Check out San Diego single dad Jorge Narvaez ("just a father of two working my way through college") and his sleepy daughter Alexa (who warbles right through her yawn near the end), as they cover 'Home' by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros. And listen closely when Dad starts whistling, as Alexa impulsively reminds herself that she'll be able to whistle someday, too!
The band Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros (led not by the fictional character Edward Sharpe, but by Alex Ebert and Jade Castrinos) gives the Narvaez duo major praise on Twitter: "Yes yes yes! beautiful in every way."
Here's the original recording, made famous on NBC's 'Community' and heard in an NFL commercial.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Orson Welles' final film may be released
- 'I Was Here': Beyonce song inspires Iraqi youth peace movement
- Extra Scoop: Did Teresa Giudice Spend $10K on Daughter's Music Video?
- Big Change Announced for ?The View'? Are There More Shakeups Ahead?
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Designs from Adrianna Papell
- Kris Jenner Feels Betrayed By Bruce Jenner; Brittany Maynard Pushes Back Death Date: Top 5 Stories
- Prince William, Pregnant Kate Middleton Go on Babymoon With Prince George in Scotland -- Details
- Khloe Kardashian Celebrates 14 Million Instagram Followers With a Super Sexy Booty Snap -- See the Pic!