John Edwards Not Engaged to Rielle Hunter
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Jan 9th 2011 04:00AM
Elizabeth Edwards, who was married to John for thirty years, died on December 7th, 2010, after a six-year battle with cancer. John admitted to his extramarital affair with Rielle in 2008, and while John and Elizabeth filed for divorce, the process was never finalized. Many have speculated John's personal indiscretions ultimately cost him his promising political career.
It only worsened his unfavorable public image when reports of John and Rielle planning to marry surfaced so soon after the passing of a woman with whom he had four children. However, ABC News reports that sources close to the Edwards family claim the former Senator is not engaged.
In January of 2010, John admitted to having fathered a child with Rielle. The Enquirer claimed John proposed the idea of them being, "one big, happy family."
As her health declined, Elizabeth was adamant about remaining civil towards John. She understood he would be the one to raise her two youngest children, ages 10 and 12, after her death. According to Daily Mail, John is now instructing his children to call his girlfriend, Rielle, "Mommy."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ellen Pompeo Gripes About Fans Doubting Future of Grey's Anatomy After McDreamy's Death: It's "Difficult for My Ego"
- Ali Fedotowsky, Kevin Manno Dish on Engagement, Being Ready to Start "Growing Our Little Family Soon"
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard Are Glamour Defined on the Red Carpet in Venice: See Who Else Stunned, Too!
- Ex-Miss Nevada Katherine Reese busted again for meth possession, report says
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy: Community overreacting to escaped King Cobra
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- What We're Packing For New York Fashion Week: Look Inside the Luggage of Catt Sadler, Zanna Roberts Rassi & the E! News Team
- Carissa Loethen's Bridal Blog: Wedding Cupcake and S'mores Bar, Coming Right Up!
- Arrow's Season 4 Trailer is Everything We've Ever Wanted, Including Happy Oliver & Badass Felicity