John Edwards Not Engaged to Rielle Hunter
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Jan 9th 2011 04:00AM
Elizabeth Edwards, who was married to John for thirty years, died on December 7th, 2010, after a six-year battle with cancer. John admitted to his extramarital affair with Rielle in 2008, and while John and Elizabeth filed for divorce, the process was never finalized. Many have speculated John's personal indiscretions ultimately cost him his promising political career.
It only worsened his unfavorable public image when reports of John and Rielle planning to marry surfaced so soon after the passing of a woman with whom he had four children. However, ABC News reports that sources close to the Edwards family claim the former Senator is not engaged.
In January of 2010, John admitted to having fathered a child with Rielle. The Enquirer claimed John proposed the idea of them being, "one big, happy family."
As her health declined, Elizabeth was adamant about remaining civil towards John. She understood he would be the one to raise her two youngest children, ages 10 and 12, after her death. According to Daily Mail, John is now instructing his children to call his girlfriend, Rielle, "Mommy."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry Addresses Taylor Swift Feud Ahead of Super Bowl Performance: "You're Going to Hear About It"
- Iggy Azalea Calls Steve Madden Collection Photos "Gross," "Most Disgusting Photo Shoot Ever"
- Missy Elliott Joining Katy Perry for Super Bowl 2015 Halftime Show
- Amy Duggar reveals she was born out of wedlock
- Rap mogul Suge Knight charged with murder
- 'Harry Potter' actor Robbie Coltrane reportedly hospitalized after flight
- Nick Jonas Didn't Just Grab His Crotch in That Sexy Spread—His Abs and Butt Got Some Lovin', Too!
- Hagrid Hospitalized! Harry Potter Actor Robbie Coltrane Taken to Orlando Hospital After Falling Ill on a Flight
- Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Khloé Bring Cleavage, Side Boob and Lots of Leg to Sam Smith Show!