John Edwards Not Engaged to Rielle Hunter
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Jan 9th 2011 04:00AM
Elizabeth Edwards, who was married to John for thirty years, died on December 7th, 2010, after a six-year battle with cancer. John admitted to his extramarital affair with Rielle in 2008, and while John and Elizabeth filed for divorce, the process was never finalized. Many have speculated John's personal indiscretions ultimately cost him his promising political career.
It only worsened his unfavorable public image when reports of John and Rielle planning to marry surfaced so soon after the passing of a woman with whom he had four children. However, ABC News reports that sources close to the Edwards family claim the former Senator is not engaged.
In January of 2010, John admitted to having fathered a child with Rielle. The Enquirer claimed John proposed the idea of them being, "one big, happy family."
As her health declined, Elizabeth was adamant about remaining civil towards John. She understood he would be the one to raise her two youngest children, ages 10 and 12, after her death. According to Daily Mail, John is now instructing his children to call his girlfriend, Rielle, "Mommy."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Underboob in Black Sheer Outfit at the Sonia Rykiel Fashion Show in Paris: See the Picture
- Ciara Targeted By Thong-Wearing Celebrity Prankster Vitalii Sediuk at Paris Fashion Week: Pictures
- Michael Strahan, Donald Glover Cast in Magic Mike XXL With Channing Tatum
- High Times Ahead? ?RHOBH' To Film Cast Trip In Amsterdam ? Sober Kim Richards Upset, Facing ?Temptations’
- Swimming In Trouble: Michael Phelps Arrested For DUI In Baltimore, According To Reports
- Amanda Bynes' Father Rick Hasn't Seen Daughter In Months, Isn't Aware Of Her Current Whereabouts
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young left band due to dementia
- 'Jeopardy' slammed on social media for 'sexist' category
- Blake Shelton grows up on new album 'Bringing Back the Sunshine'
- Student Who Petitioned to Have His Cat in His Yearbook Photo Got What He Wanted, and Then Some
- Kendall Jenner, Gisele Bündchen & Cara Delevingne March at Chanel's Feminist Rally Fashion Show
- Neil Patrick Harris, David Burtka's First Dance at Wedding Was to a Kelly Clarkson Song—Watch Now!