John Edwards Not Engaged to Rielle Hunter
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Jan 9th 2011 04:00AM
Elizabeth Edwards, who was married to John for thirty years, died on December 7th, 2010, after a six-year battle with cancer. John admitted to his extramarital affair with Rielle in 2008, and while John and Elizabeth filed for divorce, the process was never finalized. Many have speculated John's personal indiscretions ultimately cost him his promising political career.
It only worsened his unfavorable public image when reports of John and Rielle planning to marry surfaced so soon after the passing of a woman with whom he had four children. However, ABC News reports that sources close to the Edwards family claim the former Senator is not engaged.
In January of 2010, John admitted to having fathered a child with Rielle. The Enquirer claimed John proposed the idea of them being, "one big, happy family."
As her health declined, Elizabeth was adamant about remaining civil towards John. She understood he would be the one to raise her two youngest children, ages 10 and 12, after her death. According to Daily Mail, John is now instructing his children to call his girlfriend, Rielle, "Mommy."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Donald Trump Gets His Own Pinata in Mexico After His Racist Comments: See the Pics!
- Brandi Glanville Calls Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Costars the C-Word: "I Don't Like Them"
- Abigail Spencer: What's In My Bag?
- Duggars could face civil suit from non-family abuse victim, report says
- Ex-CNNer Lynne Russell's husband kills robber in wild motel shootout
- Agent: Story linking Tiger Woods to another golf pro's ex a ‘complete lie'
- What Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Divorce Means for Their Money: Lawyer Weighs in on What's at Stake
- Million Dollar Listing New York Finale Showdown: Ryan and Luis Have One Intense Battle—Watch Now!
- The Bachelorette Showdown We've Been Waiting for Is Finally Here: Inside Shawn and Nick's "Bitter" Rivalry