2011's Golden Globe Worthy Spoofs
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jan 10th 2011 08:00PM
Yes, they are all masterpieces of the reel. But that doesn't mean 2011's Golden Globe nominated flicks didn't come without their fair share of 'are you kidding me?' moments. Check out the spoofs that exploited these serious silver screen sensations for our entertainment gain. Without these videos that take the edge off, we might very well explode with the thought of a bank robbing, red-eyed ballet dancer infiltrating our dreams while simultaneously friending us on Facebook.
Don't worry, you weren't the only one who couldn't quite follow this hall of mirrors movie. It seems like this flick was only nominated for Best Picture because the academy was afraid their dreams might be ransacked if they put the film to bed.
'The Social Network'
Dramatic and chilling, 'The Social Network' had us all on the edge of our seats. But now it's time for the next Internet giant to shine. Introducing the epic film about the tweet heard round the world: 'The Twit Network.'
The black swan gets a makeover in Jim Carrey's interpretation of the dark, brooding, soulful and hungry bird. Jim Carrey, as the graceful dancer with buffalo wings tattooed on "her" back, proves that donning a black leotard on 'SNL,' a la Justin Timberlake, is certified gold.
Nominated for the Best Supporting Actor category, 'The Town' is examined for what it really is. Forget Boston's crime ridden Charlestown, the real menace is 'The College Town.'
'Toy Story 3'
Things get a lot more real in the third installment of 'Toy Story 3.' Woody and Buzz Lightyear are 'the world's greatest mercenaries' and are forced to sacrifice their fellow plastic pals along the way -- and Ken gets to wear some short shorts.
Marky Mark is getting funky in this trailer for his Best Picture nominated film, 'The Fighter.' But he just wants to be very clear that he is the one that is doing the fighting.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Wars' teaser trailer premieres
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting
- 'Prestige' Author Slams Christopher Nolan's 'Dark Knight' Trilogy As "Shallow" And "Badly Written"
- Iconic Mexican Actor Chespirito Dies at 85
- Hugo Weaving on 'Captain America 3': "I Haven't Talked to Anyone About It"
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- The 35 Greatest Murder Mystery Movies Ever Made
- 'Foxcatcher' Review: You May Wrestle With It, But It's Definitely Worth Seeing
- Netflix Is Dropping These Movies From Streaming on December 1st