Meg Ryan Excited to Be Back in the Spotlight
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 11th 2011 08:43AM
Meg Ryan isn't just loving the attention of her new boyfriend, rocker John Mellencamp, she's also enjoying being back in the public eye, as more than two years have passed since her last major film release, the star-studded 'The Women.'
"Meg couldn't be happier," a friend of the actress tells me. "Not only has she got a great new guy, she's back in the headlines. It's not easy going from being one of the highest paid actresses in the world to an anonymous New Yorker. Meg's loving all this attention again."
The newly formed couple hasn't exactly been trying to hide their love as they've been seen strolling through [New York's] West Village and spending time on Martha's Vineyard. And now insiders tell me the two of them are in talks with a major magazine to do a photo shoot together.
"Meg would much rather be back on the cover of the magazines announcing a hit new movie, but unfortunately that isn't the case," an insider tells me.
The 49-year-old beauty is fully aware how the world of celebrity has changed since she was burning up the box office in landmark hits like 'Sleepless in Seattle' and 'You've Got Mail.'
"Now folks are much more interested in your private life than if you have a hit movie," the insider says. "Look at Kate Gosselin or Kim Kardashian. They are always on magazine covers talking about their love life."
Welcome back, Meg. But please, please, please don't become the new Kate Gosselin. Please.
Meg and the City
Meg Ryan, bundled up in gloves and a scarf, was spotted smiling and chatting in New York City on Friday, Dec. 10th. Check Out More Pics of Meg >>
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Good News -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Fans: Maroon 5's 'Animals' music video violent and 'disturbing'
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Firsts & Worsts: Annaleigh Ashford on ?Sex,' superstition, and Cyndi Lauper
- Minus some missteps, ?Shadow of Mordor' is one of the year's best games
- No More Breakup Songs! Taylor Swift Says Dating ?Is the Last Thing' on Her Mind
- Brad Pitt Gushes About Fatherhood and How It Changed Him
- Did Justin Bieber Punch a Paparazzo in the Face?!
- Kate Middleton Cancels Another Appearance Because of Severe Morning Sickness, Sends Apology Note
- Selena Gomez, Michelle Williams, and More Sit Front Row at Louis Vuitton Spring 2015 ? See Their Looks!
- Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses After Two Seasons: Find Out Why!